Mail order tires

Gaffer

Anybody bought tires and had them shipped home. I am getting quotes for Maxxis @ $217 here in the Portland area. I have see posts from folks in Texas who were paying $160. I am wondering if there is an honest internet shipper for the Maxxis I can get a quote from.
Thanks

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I have found it cheaper to buy local. Buy the time you pay shipping from dealer (tirerack.com, etc) then have to have them mounted/balanced I could not save any money.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I have found it cheaper to buy local. Buy the time you pay shipping from dealer (tirerack.com, etc) then have to have them mounted/balanced I could not save any money.

oh yeah, and in most cases if the dealer has to order tires for you, their supplier should send them to their shop w/ no shipping.

Mels Musty Music

I'm in Port Orchard,Wa and I just paid $162 + WA state tax at Big O - no shipping added. Les Schaub was the same price but added $12.50 shipping. Discount Tire in Tacoma wanted $210. In January I paid $142 in Beaumont CA after a tread seperation on I-10. Wish I would have been smart enough to buy a whole set then.
I'm thinking you might have a Big O near you. Be happy to send you a copy of my invoice if that would help in negotiations.

ultrafarmer

I just put Maxxis on and they were $177 installed, balanced, and included tax. Local dealer, mom and pop gas station

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I ordered Maxxis straight from them and they paid for the shipping. I have had them for a year now and their have been no problems. I had them sent to a local RV dealer where I bought my rig and they installed them for me at 50 per tire.

tmcran

I ordered Maxxis straight from them and they paid for the shipping. I have had them for a year now and their have been no problems. I had them sent to a local RV dealer where I bought my rig and they installed them for me at 50 per tire.

U were charged $50.00 per tire for mounting and etc? Humm. I had some tires installed on flat bed for $12.00 per tire.

fhollan

Two years ago I checked with Maxxis and they wanted around $190 each at that time. I went to the nearest Discount Tire store and they ordered them and got them for $135 each. Got the valves replaced and balanced. Replaced the Mission tires.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
TC sorry I didn't tell all on the charge that was to mount, balance, install metal stems, and repack the bearings. They also checked the brakes for me.

Gaffer

Seems they have gone up. They are $188 at Gripton now with free shipping but they don't have any. My local Discount Tire guy called me back on Tuesday evening and said if I ordered then he could come down another $30 bucks on the set. Last day of the month, maybe he had a quota to meet? Brings them down to $190 (out the door). Best I could find in Portland.