maintenance on Duramax

Ricoh

Past Ontario Chapter Leader
Took my 05 Silverado 2500 HD EC Duramax to the dealership yesterday to change some fluids. I had the front and back difs, transfercase and tranny done. I got them to drop the pan on the Allison and do the internal filter and also the spin on. Cost me a fair chunk of change but now I know what has been done to my truck and when it was done. Now I just need to change my own oil and fuel filter and I should be good to go. I got the rad flushed about 3 months ago so now all that is left is a brake service and flush and everything will be brand new. One less thing to worry about. Any of you guys getting stuff done to the hauler?

Rick

jbeletti

Rick,

I had the same done in December to my Ford F550. Trans service (drain, flush, filter, fill), Coolant service (drain, flush, fill), dual diff service (drain, fill), engine oil service (drain, filter, fill), 6 tire replacement (though would have rotated if not replaced), Fuel system service (replace both filters). Can't remember if I had the transfer case service.

I do most of this once a year, the oil 4 times a year and the tire rotation twice a year. I put on 20,000 miles +/-.

Jim

TedS

Had oil change, lube, 100k tyranny service, and four new tires. I think we are good to go.

porthole

Retired
Took my 05 Silverado 2500 HD EC Duramax to the dealership yesterday to change some fluids. I had the front and back difs, transfercase and tranny done. I got them to drop the pan on the Allison and do the internal filter and also the spin on. Cost me a fair chunk of change but now I know what has been done to my truck and when it was done. Now I just need to change my own oil and fuel filter and I should be good to go. I got the rad flushed about 3 months ago so now all that is left is a brake service and flush and everything will be brand new. One less thing to worry about. Any of you guys getting stuff done to the hauler?

Rick

Hey Rick

Just an FYI:
I use to get all my filters from Kennedy Diesel (online)
If your fuel filter has a water sensor Kennedy has a nice wrench for that.
The Allison is a great trans and trans oil has a pretty good interval.
Key thing is just change the spin on filter. I changed mine at the beginning and end of the tow season (about every 6 months)

And if you keep the truck maybe consider the deep trans pan, either the Mag Hytec or Allison, extended filter and "filter loc"