Manual needed for Dometic/Penguin 651816 heat pump/ AC unit

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I am looking for the installation and owners manuals for the Penguin/Dometic heat Pump/ AC unit 651816. I am unable to locate one on dometics website using the model and serial numbers from the unit. This unit is installed in a new Cyclone 4100. No, no my cyclone.

danemayer

What information are you actually trying to find? We have a Penguin manual (not the same model #) in the manuals section of the forum. The info might be close or even the same.

danemayer

I am looking for information on how to setup the heat pump with the Dometic multi zone digital thermostat.
If by setup you mean operate the heat pump, this attachment may help. If setup means how to connect the heat pump and thermostat wiring, I know that on some of the living room A/C units, there's a relay/control box that the thermostat connects to, and it fires the A/C or Furnace. Beyond that, I'm afraid I''m no help.

Attachments

• Dometic Comfort-Control-Center_operation_EN 4.pdf
    111.5 KB · Views: 41

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If by setup you mean operate the heat pump, this attachment may help. If setup means how to connect the heat pump and thermostat wiring, I know that on some of the living room A/C units, there's a relay/control box that the thermostat connects to, and it fires the A/C or Furnace. Beyond that, I'm afraid I''m no help.
Thanks for trying to help. I don't think the thermostat is recognizing the heat pump or maybe the heat pump option is only available if the temperature is above freezing. The thermostat is the comfort control center. It looks like it has a big blue disk for the display on it. The manual that is on Dometics site took me to a control similar to the one you supplied. The paper manual I have for the thermostat has similar information.

danemayer

The thermostat is supposed to switch from heat pump to furnace at about 30 degrees ambient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The thermostat is supposed to switch from heat pump to furnace at about 30 degrees ambient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Should the heat pump be listed when cycling through the options such as off, furn, fan, ac when the temperature is below 30? tested temperature was in the 29-35 degree range. I ran throu the modes but did not see heat pump (HP) listed as one of the modes.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes it should be there. Are you trying to use the HP for the first time? If so they might not have set the dip switches on the roof to the right settings.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Yes it should be there. Are you trying to use the HP for the first time? If so they might not have set the dip switches on the roof to the right settings.
Yes, It is the first time for using this HP. So I need to know where/what settings for the dip switches. I assume the installation manual would have those settings.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Thank you for tracking down the dip switch settings. Although the manual does not list a setting specific to the heat pump. There is a sensor that must be plugged in listed. I will start here and see /if maybe a sensor is not connected or missing.