Microwave excessive condensaton

Dometic Microwave

I looked on-line and got the phone number for Dometic and found that they are located in Elkhart. Since we were in Elkhart at LSI RV Service (great guys) I had Lance (the owner) call Dometic and find out about the microwave. The trim kit that came with it would not work so the guys at LSI had to modify the trim kit for the Sylvania to fit. So far it is working fine. I still have to give it the big test though. If there is still too much heat buildup we will probably try having an outside vent installed on the back wall of the cabinet. Can't thing of anything else to try.

Dometic will not sell to the public so you would have to have a dealer order the microwave for you.

L'l John

Dometic Microwave

Good information.
I guess we will get by with this $49 :mad: Sylvania until next spring when hopefully we will be able to attend the Heartland rally. Then we will see if LSI can get us a Dometic and install it.
Of course, that will depend on how yours is still working by then! :)
We are not full timers, but will be spending 3 month in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas this winter. That will be when we will probably be getting pretty tired of the steam box.
Good luck and thanks for the info.
John & Elsie

microwave

Well, I used the Dometic microwave today to cook some pasta for 9 minutes. All went well, I was just beginning to see a little condensation on the trim around the microwave. No condensation on the door or clock area. I am beginning to think that the trim kit does not have big enough vents in it. I can't even get a finger nail in those slots. The trim kit that came with the Dometic had much bigger vents in it but unfortunately it was too small to cover the opening and look nice.:)