Mounting items to floor of toy hauler

I want to put a toolbox in the garage of my toyhauler (Cyclone 3100). I am wondering before I tear into it if someone knows the thickness of the floor and how the current anchor points are mounted: Are they through the floor with a back plate or just recessed and surface mounted? Is it difficult to get to the bottom of the floor to put a mount through the floor for added strength?

BLHFUN

I had 8 floor "D" rings installed by the factory. All 8 used 3 inch self tapping screws that were aligned to tap through the frame rails. I added 4 (2 center D rings for each side) From what I can tell, the floor is 3/4 inch plywood with the rubber tread plate floor on the inside and the mesh on the outside. Mine were counter sunk, so I flipped the new D rings over for the pattern. Then I used a 3in hole saw to start the process for depth and a chisel to remove the rubber and plywood to counter sink the new rings. I used the same 3 inch self tappers to hit the Frame. If your mounts are Not going to align with the frame, I suggest you use a plate on the bottom and bolts with lock washers or self locking nuts. Your garage should be pretty easy to view with no chloraplast liner. (Unless you are mounting above the gas tanks)

for a tool box, it would depend on where you install it and the width of the box. Probably going to require a small steal plate to insure you don't pull through the wood during travel.

Thanks for the info, decided to try aluminum 2 inch angle on floor with 2 inch wide flat stock under floor and bolt through using eye bolts on ends to attach cargo straps over top to prevent toppling. Looks like a late night tonight getting it done.

avvidclif

Personally I would go buy some 6' pieces of E-Track. Figure out where you are going to store stuff and mount them accordingly. It gives a lot more flexibility to strapping stuff down and with the amount of mounting screws I doubt you would need any underneath bracing for floor mounting. Look on the inside of a dry van, it runs nose to tail on both sides and provides lots of tie points.