Mystery connection.

Flyerone

I just took delivery of a 2014 BH 3010RE, in the bedroom under the safe where the cable connections are, there is a wire with a 4 or 6 pin connector coming out of the wall. Any idea what this is for? Thank.s.

pegmikef

I found out the hard that that is for a thermostat for the bedroom air conditioner. I added my a/c after the fact, didn't know that it is set up so it can be added to the duct system so ordered the wrong thing and I didn't know about it until it was already installed. The tech told me that those wires near the safe are for a thermostat had I ordered that type of A/C. As it is, in the winter I am going to have to spend a couple of hundred dollars to have it converted to the ducted version with a thermostat . . . such is life.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
If the connector is in the bedroom, located near cable TV plate and square in shape it may be the connector used for the Smart Find Auto Satellite feature used with the Traveler Slimline Roof top dishes.

Flyerone

The thermostat for the 2nd air is working so it must not be that, would it have the wire for the roof top dish even if I don't have one? I will have to get a picture of it.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Yes it is pre wired. Is there a blank plate on the ceiling of your bedroom? If so you are pre wired and the coax for roof mount is behind ceiling plate. The connector you see is for smart finder box. Auto find system to locate satellites

Murry135/Capt. Wingnut