New member/new Landmark owner

oldelmer1

Hi All,

We are Tom & Sharon and we just bought a new Landmark Orlando camper. This is our 3rd 5th wheel, and by far the biggest, 42 feet long.

We are from Elkton Maryland area and have been wintering in Florida for the last few years.

Im sure we'll have lots of questions about this beast, like, we have an 2 switches side by side in the panel, 1 turns the hall way light on, the other doesn't seem to do anything.

jbeletti

Hi All,

We are Tom & Sharon and we just bought a new Landmark Orlando camper. This is our 3rd 5th wheel, and by far the biggest, 42 feet long.

We are from Elkton Maryland area and have been wintering in Florida for the last few years.

Im sure we'll have lots of questions about this beast, like, we have an 2 switches side by side in the panel, 1 turns the hall way light on, the other doesn't seem to do anything.

Welcome Tom and Sharon. Perhaps the other switch is the step light. Look outside under your entrance steps for a marker light with an orange lens. Switch the switch and see :)

Moving your thread to the Landmark General area...

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Tom & Sharon, congrats on your new Heartland. When do you make it back up to Maryland?

danemayer

Hi All,

Hi oldelmer1,

You might be interested in our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide. Here's a link to the folder it's in.

TxCowboy

Hello, welcome, and enjoy your Orlando! :)

And I believe Jim is correct (post #2). That second switch is the under-step outdoor lighting.

oldelmer1

Jim,

That was it, THANKS!!!!

Welcome Tom and Sharon. Perhaps the other switch is the step light. Look outside under your entrance steps for a marker light with an orange lens. Switch the switch and see :)

Moving your thread to the Landmark General area...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Jamie,

Thanks. We return home mid April.

Tom & Sharon, congrats on your new Heartland. When do you make it back up to Maryland?

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on that new Landmark. You're on a great site for any questions you might have about it. Look into the HOC, attend a rally and show that beast off. Hope to see you down the road.

randolu

Congrats on the new Landmark.....we ordered our new Newport a few weeks ago and should be getting it soon!

Mburtsvt

Hi All,

Congrats on your Orlando! We got our Madison last week and it’s amazing how many people walk by it at the RV park and try to figure out what it is. I too have a mystery switch. I suspect it is the third awing switch that I did not option to have installed. I’m not giving up yet - but it’s still a mystery.

TxCowboy

Congrats on your Orlando! We got our Madison last week and it’s amazing how many people walk by it at the RV park and try to figure out what it is. I too have a mystery switch. I suspect it is the third awing switch that I did not option to have installed. I’m not giving up yet - but it’s still a mystery.

Post a picture of the switch and what's around it. We might be able to help identify it.