New Member Ready to Travel the USA

GHigbee

We plan to head West in September and spend the year roaming the USA. We just purchased our Greystone and love it. Head to Maine in August and then who knows where we will land. Looking for info that will show us where the Rallies are held Nationwide. As new member I can't seem to find that listing until I make some posts. so this is my first blast at that. Anyone, willing to share it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Gina

Hi Gina,

Congrats on the Greystone and on hitting the road!

Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club and get all decked out in club stuff. Here's a link to learn more.

All rally info is listed on the Portal page at www.heartlandowners.org Just look to the right-hand side. Or, click the Events link at the top of the menu of any Portal or Forum page. Or, click the Events Map image for a visual representation. This image is on the Portal.

If you can swing it, consider joining us for the BIG rally in Nashville in mid-JULY.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi Gina,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Congratulations on your new Greystone, I'm sure you will enjoy the new toy. Get out and use it and make lots of great memories. And if you can, please join us in JULY in Nashville.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

GHigbee

Jim M
Thanks for your quick response. I was looking at the Nashville Rally but we are committed to NJ for the next 2 months then off to Maine and the rest of the USA. At some point in our travels our paths will no doubt cross. Look forward to meeting all those happy Heartland Owners. So far we have already met some nice folks and can't wait to get back on the road. Gina

jimtoo

Gina, check out the Portal Page and look at the Heartland Chapter Rallies and dates. If your in the area of any of the chapters when the rally is scheduled, your welcome to attend any of them.
Lots of fun and lots of good people and great food.
Jim M

GHigbee

Jim, Director of Owner Interests - Thanks so much for your reply and I will definitely check out all the links as they come available to me. Seems like the more I stay online the more info I can get into. Think they might have approved my posts. lol.... Thanks.
We will be no doubt joining the club so thanks again. Gina

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gina, the "they" you are refering to is Jim. He's the "GRAND POO BAH" of the outfit. Watch for the flying carpet at your local rally.

They're (the other they) are making me a new rug (carpet). A heavy-dutier one. Hopefully it will help me get to more rallies. Working out of the home office this week has me feeling a bit lost - not being on the road.

MrsSouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Welcome GHigbee! SouthernNights and myself MrsSouthernNights are co-hosting a fall rally with TRDeal in Mt. Airy, NC in October, we would love to meet you! Look up Mt. Airy Rally and see if that would fit your schedule!
It's awesome travelling the country - good luck and be safe!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I can tell you from personal experience that Gina & John are going to fit right in with the HL Owners Club. We spent last weekend laughing with them and sitting around the campfire at Blueberry Hill Campground. Their Greystone is a beautiful layout! We exchanged much information and I am looking foward to seeing them again soon. Gina it is great to see you on the forum and I did get your message! We will be in touch to schedule another trip to Blueberry Hill but we want to make sure you guys will be around!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Gina and John, Renee and I want to welcome you to the forum.We are looking forward to meeting you guys in the near future. We hope you can make it to our fall rally in Mt Airy,NC at Mayberry Campground. We know you will have a blast. John and Deb have told us a little about you and I believe you will fit right in. If you have any questions about the rally please send me a private message and I will try to answer your questions.I can honestly say,you will not find a better group of people to hang with.

DW_Gray

Gina and John, welcome to the Heartland family! You are going to have so much fun during your travels. Amy and I left California last September for a year long trip. We are now parked on our friend’s lawn in Elizabethtown, NY. They are so nice and to make us feel at home, they ordered up an earthquake for us yesterday. We have traveled nearly 10,000 miles so far and we are having a blast.

This forum has been invaluable. There is a wealth of information and friends you haven’t met yet. When I have problem, this is the place I go to. I wish we could travel without problems. But compared to all the new experiences you and John will discover along the way, the problems are minute.

We will start our westward trek back to California on Saturday. Of course we’ll be at the rally in Nashville and we enjoyed the rally in NJ last month. Don’t be surprised if at some point along the way, you and John may get hooked and become full-timers. Amy and I did. Our current plan is to return to CA and empty out the house and turn it over to a property manager.

You are welcome to follow our travels on our travelogue and hopefully we'll meet up somewhere.

I wish you both safe and happy travels.

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Dave that was such a great post. It really sums up the feelings I expressed to Gina & John last weekend. I am so glad to have met you and Amy at the NJ Rally and have been following your travels ever since. You guys travel safely back to CA.