New North Trail 31QBS - tips?

KJS72

I recently purchased a new North Trail 31QBS. Any tips, or suggestions for this RV? To early to in the season with too much snow to be out camping, but looking for tips, or suggestions for the up and coming season. Thanks!

jimtoo

Hi KJS72,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get lots of help here, just ask your questions and a family member will help out when possible. Just be safe, have fun, and make lots of great memories.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

KJS72

Hi Jim,

I have found this group to be quite informative, and a little entertaining. Thanks for the response!

priorguy

Don't sweat the small stuff and have really good time with your new trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Check out a rally or two this year.
There are numerous rallies in the Midwest.
June 20-22 is the Iowa Chapter Rally. In Altoona, Ia
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...na-6-20-2014-to-6-22-2014?p=338988#post338988

The North Central Region Rally is October 3-5 with pre-rally 9/27-10-2 Amana, Ia
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...3-2014-to-10-5-2014/page3?p=334749#post334749

Michigan Rally is June 26-29th.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...6-2014-to-6-29-2014/page2?p=328494#post328494

DJC523

We've got a 2011 31QBS. All is well and we use it quite a bit each summer. Biggest problem we've had are the two sliding doors not staying latched with the vinyl snap strap while transporting. I've taken to just stowing a folding chair diagonally from the floor at the door jam to the door. That takes care of it. In the 2010 model year, there was a shelf in the front bedroom for a tv but they removed it from our 2011 model year. But the power and antenna connections are still there so I'd like to put a wall mount flat screen there and am trying to find out if anybody knows if the supports for the shelf were left behind the wall.
One note of caution - with the distance of the rear of the trailer from the wheels, there is a lot of tail sweep in turns and bottom drag in dips. Don't start any hard turns with the trailer closer than 5 feet to objects on the side away from the turn. And the rear jacks, well, mine have both been scraped enough so that they now wind down about 15 degrees off vertical.
Hope you enjoy it!
Doug