New stabilizing system

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yes...the landing gear and the level-up are installed on a 5 degree angle. Supposedly to make it more stable...the movement appears to have come from the inner tube of the front landing gear being able to move inside the outer tube.

dennis2188

When buying our 2010 3055 a month ago there was an open range right next to the 3055. It gave my wife and me a great opportunity to compare both units before making a decision. The leveling system almost swung me to the open range, but after considering other things we decided on the BH. Now my question is what does Heartland and other members recommend so I could have the leveling system added to my unit?

kakampers

Heartland is installing, as an option on Landmark (not sure if available on Bighorn), a 4 leg version of the Trailair Level-up...we have the original 6 leg version (2 landing gear and 4 legs surrounding axles)that was installed after-market. Our version, as we needed to have the front landing gear replaced (unit came with electric), cost around $3,500, which also includes a remote control.

Not sure if Heartland will install the 4 leg version during construction...can't hurt to ask. If you go aftermarket to Trailair, I'm pretty sure they will recommend the 6 leg...but again, you can ask if they will install the less expensive 4 leg version. Good Luck!

By the way...we LOVE the Level-UP!!

Sorry...just noticed you already bought your Bighorn...call Kara at Trailair (800) 998-4238

Delaine and Lindy

Are any of these jacks installed at a slight angle like they are on some other SOB's??

My Hydraulic jacks that are in front and rear of the axles are mounted on a 5 degree setting. Ken take a look at your front landing gear jacks and see if you have a 1/2 bolt going thru the leg at the botton just above the foot the Hydraulic ram seems to be bolted to the outer tube, we have no movement inside the tube. As our 5th wheel sets on the concrete pad here its has a weight of 17,600 and its rated GVCW is 18,500 lbs. I was wondering if the new Landmark with the Hydraulic Jack system (4 jacks) if it has the ability to level from side to side like you Big Horn does?? GBY....

kakampers

Yeah...I have the bolt just above the foot, but that has nothing to do with the silver (inside) tube moving within the black (outer) tube??? There is play between the two and we do have movement without stabilization. Can't see how the ram could be bolted to the outer tube. If it was, then the inner tube wouldn't be able to raise and lower.

As for the system on the Landmarks, yes, of course it works just like the system we have...levels front to back and side to side...wouldn't be worth a hoot if it didn't!

Tom of Ypsi

Ken & Kathy, Now I see why you have movement and needed the stabilizers for the front jacks. Our factory front jacks have no movement (play) and that is why our JT knockoffs are not needed. As soon as I get back to Michigan they will come off and go to a new home, probably my brothers.

kakampers

Yeah Tom...Mobile Suites doesn't always have the better product...sure wish I had the Landmark's front landing gear...I wouldn't need stabilizers either...Oh Well...;)

Delaine and Lindy

Tom we have no need for any additional stablizer's. Our front jacks have no movement. When I set up I take a lot of pressure off the tires and Center Point suspension which takes most all the movement out. Another reason our movement is very minimal is the MS is very heavy and rides on a 15" frame. But again its impossible to remove all the movement out, unless as I said you go to concrete blocks and shims. We are very pleased with our Lippert Level up system, its the best complete system we have owned. Just had a neightbor take a look at the system and he is going to have the system installed. He was very impressed when the system lifted the MS off the concrete pad. I highly recomend the system. I also thing the Big Foot system is also very good system if you have a frame that will handle the pressure of just using 4 Hydraulic jacks. GBY....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ken & Kathy, Have you contacted Lippert to see if you might have gotten a defective landing legs. I am wondering because according to Delaine and Lindy the Mobile Suites is such a superior product you shouldn't have any movement. Just a thought.

Tom of Ypsi

Delaine & Lindy, We have the level up system and love it. We got ours the day before Ken & Kathy but the only difference is we already have the hydraulic front legs. I would highly recommend this system to anyone in the market for a high quality leveling system. Should be interesting to see how the new Heartland system with the stabilizer jacks behind the rear tires works out.

kakampers

Here is a youtube video of the LevelUp system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOdajXfZwnE

We have just traded our 2008 Bighorn for a 2011 Landmark Augusta with the leveling system factory installed.:D

Now if our frozen Bighorn every thaws out on our driveway, we'll make the swap! Can't wait!!!

The Level-Up that will be on your 2011 Landmark is not exactly as pictured in the video. Heartland is using a modified version that only has four legs...two front landing gear and the two legs behind the tires. They have then integrated the rear electric stabilizers into the system for added stabilization.

I can only assume that this was done to reduce the cost of the option...

Tom of Ypsi

The Level-Up that will be on your 2011 Landmark is not exactly as pictured in the video. Heartland is using a modified version that only has four legs...two front landing gear and the two legs behind the tires. They have then integrated the rear electric stabilizers into the system for added stabilization.

I can only assume that this was done to reduce the cost of the option...

Or maybe they do not want HL owners to jack up one side of their trailer if they have a flat or broken springs. With the jacks in the front and the rear of the tires this is easy to do. I know this is not recommended but it can be done.