New to Cyclone

I broke down and bit the bullet. I have looked at toyhaulers for YEARS but just couldnt do it. haha But I found a 2008 Cyclone 4012. It seems to be well taken care of but there are some issue's that I am working through. One of which is the dealer I purchased from was less than to be desired. Didnt cover too much when we inspected the unit as far as how things work. So I will have several questions since this is my first toyhauler and a unit with a generator. My first question will be in another post since I cannot post pics yet.

Thanks in adavance for all the help I am gonna need for my stupid questions.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Cumminspower and welcome to this great forum.
There are a lot of great people here with a lot of information and willing to share it all.

Personally I don't think there are any stupid questions.
If ya need to know something, ask.

Consider attending some Heartland Owners Rallies, and joining the Heartland Owners Club.

Peace
Dave

One of my first questions is this..........
What the heck is this red heater button on the control panel? Like I said, the dealer did not explain very much about this unit. The water heater button is below the panel via a typical wall switch. But I dont know what this heater button is for?
Oops, I guess I will have to wait another post or two to be able to upload a pic.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The water heater button is typically a red wall type of on/off switch.
Do not turn on the water heater 120 volt switch if you don't have the water heater full of water.
If the switch that you think is for the water is not red, then it is most likely for something else. Like the outdoor awning receptacle.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
After you click "Reply" click the "Go Advanced" button, lower right.

Peace
Dave

Ah hah......now it works. Must not have made it to my magic number of post yet. haha

Attachments

• 1116141203.jpg
    1116141203.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 107

FiremanBill

Hey and welcome to the forum. What part of TN are you in? I am originally from Newport and looking to make a move back to Knoxville for good next spring/summer.

As mentioned, the red switch is/should be 110 power for the water heater. MAKE SURE there is water in it though. Will burn up quick if you turn it on empty.

If you like your Cyclone half as much as I like mine you are going to love yours! Again, welcome aboard!

Live in Athens and work in Alcoa. Yea, I am hoping that I work out a few bugs with this thing. Like I said its in pretty good shape but my lack of knowledge of this unit is the largest part.

FiremanBill

Cool, maybe we can hook up next summer then. I was just down that way back in September staying in Townsend. Can't wait to get back home for good. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions, will be happy to help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The little red switch on your holding tanks/battery monitor panel is for the LP side of the water heater.
I didn't see any other wall type switches in your picture.

Peace
Dave

Yea, the pic dont show it but there is a wall switch labeled water heater under this panel. So I am guessing that the water heater has a dual heater? Gas and electric. I'm gonna dig into it a little more later this week when its not supposed to be 18 degrees in TN..................!!!!!!!

marcusweeks

it's a switch for the tank heaters, ( grey, black, fresh ). Theyre not supposed to be turned on unless you're actually have liquid in them.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome Cumminspower. Eventho we are not Cyclone owners, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If we don't know the answer, we will do our best to find it out for you but also keeping asking here on the forum. There will be lots of folks to help you. We live in Lenoir City which is just right up the road from you.

remoandiris

One of my first questions is this..........
What the heck is this red heater button on the control panel? Like I said, the dealer did not explain very much about this unit. The water heater button is below the panel via a typical wall switch. But I dont know what this heater button is for?
Oops, I guess I will have to wait another post or two to be able to upload a pic.

Are you POSITIVE the WATER HEATER switch is below the panel??? On my unit, which is several years newer and maybe switches have changed, the red wall type switch is for the fresh, black and grey tank heaters, NOT the water heater. The fresh, gray and black tank heaters are only to be used in freezing weather and they MUST have some liquid in those tanks. If not, the plastic tank could be damaged/melted.

It looks to me like the water heater switch is the red toggle switch center right in the pic.