New to Heartland

GeneF

DW and I are camping in Nashville, between two RV dealers. Well, we picked up our new North Trail 26 rlss. We have been looking at this unit for about 6 months and the dealer ship next to the campground had the exact unit we wanted. It is basically the same floor plan as our Jayco Jay Flight 28RLS only this is an upgrade in quality and amenities.

DW and I have been camping for the past 24 years. 4 popups, 1 hybrid, the Jayco and now the North Trail.

We are both retired and moved to Florida about 3 years ago. We are currently on a 3 month trip from Florida to northern NH and back. Should be back home in a week or so. Great trip so far in that we tied up with a lot of friends and spent some time with the kids.

We have enjoyed camping and traveling and hope to continue doing it for another 3 or 4 years depending on how the health holds out. So far so good.a

I have looked over some of the forums and posts and this seems like a friendly place with some very positive posts.

For a number of years, I was active on a forum called PopUpTimes. That was in the popup days and I thoroughly enjoyed the forum.

I have been looking for a forum that has a positive aura, and this might be the one.

Manzan

GeneF, welcome to the forum! A great place to find all sorts of information. Check out the 'Events' tab and see if you are going to be near a rally on your trip--all are welcome and a fine place to meet fellow campers. The bigger ones often have forums which are a another excellent source of information.

GeneF

Where are you now? We will be heading to NH TOMORROW from Vermont. Going to check out mt Washington in NH.

Left NH the first week of July. We were up in the Lake Umbagog and Lake Frances areas. Spent 3 weeks camping and fishing. Love that area. We are originally from NH.

I use to work in Hartford, VT and DS and his DW lived in Essex Junction.

We are currently camping in Nashville. Had to hit the Gran OLe Opry. Head back home on Sunday.

GeneF

GeneF, welcome to the forum! A great place to find all sorts of information. Check out the 'Events' tab and see if you are going to be near a rally on your trip--all are welcome and a fine place to meet fellow campers. The bigger ones often have forums which are a another excellent source of information.

Thank you for the positive and friendly welcome.

The rest of the year is pretty busy for us and I don't dare mention another camping trip to DW. Three months on the road is really more than she likes to do.

Once I learn more about the happenings in this forum, hopefully I will get to meet some of you in person.

Again, thanks for the welcome.

CliffP

Hello Gene, congrats on your new North Trail and welcome to the forum and Heartland family! This is a great place to find out anything you want to know about your 26 rlss. Maybe we'll see you at a rally some day.

berky

Welcome, GeneF! You couldn't have picked a better TT, if I do say so myself. :)

We bought our NT 26LRSS in March and have over 3,000 miles on it ..... and we're not retired yet. It has been a great floor plan for the two of us and our Lively Lab. It has everything been we saw at the RV show and more. We've been very happy with the quality and the relative lack of problems.

Be sure to visit the North Trail sub-forum. There are several active 26LRSS owners there that will glad to chat and help you out.

pegmikef

Excellent choice. 13,000 plus miles and 20 months later we still think our NT is one of the best TTs made for its size and weight and comfort. Welcome to the family.