New Transporter Truck

truknutt

Committed Member
PM,

What does one say to news such as this other than "I am truly sorry to hear of this horrific event in your family's life." Stuff is stuff but unfortunately their puppies were family!

My parents have had 2 house fires (pyro father) and I have seen the look of despair in their eyes. Comfort is all you can give to help them through it all.

On a lighter note... """PLEASE PUT DOWN THE WEAPON!!""" :D:D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sorry about your parents loss. But, the Lord works in mysterious ways. I bet they land on their feet in better circumstances. God Bless....

PS My AR-15 is a 9mm

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Didn't get chit accomplished today.

Fortunatly they are OK as is my sister and her daughter that stay with them, unfortunatly their 4 dogs were killed in the fire. RIP little friends.

Sorry for their loss...especially the animals.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mike, sorry to hear of your family's loss, especially the pets. Our thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Thanks everybody. Parents are doing fine.

Fire was mostly in the kitchen, still waiting on investigation to determine the cause so they can't work in that area of the house yet. It was a low temperature sooty, smokey fire that put itself out. The kitchen is destroyed but most everything else in that half of the house is smoke and soot damage, they will have to also rebuild the master bathroom that backs up to the kitchen because of heat damage to the shower and tub.

The other half where my sister was staying (house is like a duplex) is fine as the french doors separating the 2 halves of the house kept out the smoke. They are going to try to redistribute power in the house so that my parents and sister can move back into that side of the house and the contractors will have power to work.

Back to the build after a few days off due to chit happens and bad weather on the east coast.

Finished making all the parts for the ball stand, assembly has removable stands for different ball sizes. I have built a 2" and a 2-5/16", skipped the 1-7/8" because it isn't really needed with RVs but it's easy enough to make one later if for some odd chance I ever need one, never used one on my pickup and don't even own a ball that small...... There are 47 parts total in this assembly.
IMG01200.jpg

IMG01201.jpg

All welded together, assembled and pinned to the center channel. Still need to tweek it a bit as the heat from welding caused some shrinkage in the metal (yea I really poured the heat to this part with some deep penetrating 6011 1/8" rod) and I can't get the removable tubes to go all the way to the bottom which is where I need them when I am loading a trailer. Ball stands are used both to winch the trailer onto the trucks using the trailers coupler as well as secure the tounge to the truck for transport.
IMG01206.jpg

pmmjarrett

Moving forward.

Broke out the grinders and got the ball stands working like they should now, can check this off the list as finished.
IMG01212.jpg

Fabricated tool box mounts and bolted them to the frame.
IMG01216.jpg

IMG01217.jpg

The only bling. bling on the truck besides the grill, mirrors and front bumper LOL. This box will eventually be replaced with an 18" deep box with side mounted doors when I eventually extend the bed forward.
IMG01220.jpg

IMG01224.jpg

Tomorrow will wrap up the fabrication and get paint on the frame and bed. Only need to move a light bracket, weld the ramps together (parts are already cut) and drill a few adjustment holes in the stinger. Then it's time to clean things up a bit and shoot paint.

Supposed to be nice the next several days with temps in the 60s and 70s so I hope to finish it up early next week so I can get it packed out and ready to make some $$$$$..... we'll see how that goes.

HOSS

Mike, can't wait to see it painted, loaded and ready to roll! Any other projects in the works we can look forward to?

HOSS

pmmjarrett

Mike, can't wait to see it painted, loaded and ready to roll! Any other projects in the works we can look forward to?

HOSS

Alot of my projects will depend on how business goes this year as well as how this truck performs.

Hmmmmmmm My project list

1). Finish home remodel..... nope, this will take years.
2). Finish building my AR15 sporting rifle from a bare stripped lower receiver..... nope, not "family freindly" for this forum, it'll send the far left screaming.
3). Finish building my Racing Lwnmower.... there's a possibility
4). Rebuild/restore my Dad's Honda FL250 Odessey for him... could be done
5). Custom paint and refit of my Dodge Dually for it's retirement present..... Hopefully start this summer.

I've been itching to do some wild custom paint so you'll eventually get this show when I refit my dually the way I really want it..... Dechromed, shaved & slammed & wrapped in House of Kolor's Kandies & pearls.

CrazyScotsman

The home remodel the only project on the " Honey Do " list gets a nope.sounds like the bathroom project I started over 3 years ago, I got the tile around Jacuzzi, shower and floor done. There it sits unpainted, door frames and baseboards still off.
The amount of time i've had on my hands this week down in TX I could have got my honey do's done. I have sat here since Sunday, waiting by the phone for them to call me into work, no luck yet. If nothing breaks soon, I will hook up and head home, I can make the same money sitting at home and not have to pay for site rent.
Oh well, such is life.
I can,t wait to see the custom dually. and the new rig painted. cluck, cluck chicken truck.
Cheers Ken. Bored in TX and missing the wife, and the dogs.

pmmjarrett

Hate to hear they got ya sitting around twiddling your thumbs Ken, not a good sign.

FABRICATION IS DONE!!!!!!!! Whew, about time. Didn't get into paint yesterday as I lost time on the ramps running out of welding rod and welding was taking a lot longer than planned. It's a 1-1/2 to 2 hr round trip into town to get stuff.

Finished up the ramps today. Made them like equipment ramps and they are heavy... About 130 lbs each calculating the amount of steel in them at 10 lbs per square ft for 1/4" mild steel.

IMG01237.jpg

IMG01239.jpg

IMG01232.jpg

Ramps stowed on the simple brackets I made today, perfect fit between the frame flanges and the center channel. Will cut off the excess on the straps and they will be dedicated for just the ramps.
IMG01229.jpg

Got the primer on, will spray the black first thing tomorrow morning.
IMG01249.jpg

IMG01243.jpg

IMG01251.jpg

pmmjarrett

Well it's black....... as well as my jeans, shoes, shirt, face and hands. Tastes great, less filling...... Old raggedy sneakers were so sticky and covered with grass, paint and dirt I took them off outside and tossed them in the trash before even walking in the house.
IMG01254.jpg

IMG01255.jpg

IMG01258.jpg

Now it's the beginning of the thrash called final assembly. Lots of little details to take care of like this license plate bracket and light. Gotta go shopping now and pick up a bunch of misc items for the truck.
IMG01260.jpg

medic9016

Nice job and great story to go with them. I have looked at the pictures, I see the winch to get the trailer on. It's probably simple, but how will you get the trailer back down? Will you change the winch direction with a pulley or something like that?

jimtoo

Nawww... he just unhooks and takes the chains off the trailer and then takes off really fast, trailer just rolls down the ramps.

Ohhh... wait,, he can't take off fast,,,,, it's FORD!!!

So he has to wait untill someone comes by with a GMC or Chev with a Duramax to pull it off....:D:D

pmmjarrett

Gravity unloads the trailer, you control it with the winch.

Nawww... he just unhooks and takes the chains off the trailer and then takes off really fast, trailer just rolls down the ramps.

Ohhh... wait,, he can't take off fast,,,,, it's FORD!!!

So he has to wait untill someone comes by with a GMC or Chev with a Duramax to pull it off....:D:D

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhahaa

:p Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. Ya gotta think tactically;)

Besides, it's got goat guts and a GM tranny....... GM Tranny is the only part I'm worried about breaking.

Last thing I'd ever do is get another V8 diesel, I'm quite happy with my little 6 bangers.