No brakes on 2015 Heartland Sequoia

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jassson, I forgot to mention that "if all goes better than it has", I hope to return this way from San Marcos, TX in two to three weeks. The way it looks, it might take me that long to get out there. As for the CG, I have stayed here before and they have about 5 nice pads in front of the office, but she put me behind the office on a concrete pad. The problem is that it rained for 40 days and nights yesterday and the pad I am on is only as wide as the camper. Mud every where. There is absolutely no signal at this CG regarding Verizon. I would "REALLY APPRECIATE A BETTER CG" on my return trip.

Many thanks Curt

We live full time in our BC and we are at Whispering Meadows in westlake. Just west of lake Charles right before you go over the tall bridge on i10. They usually have 2 or 3 sites open for those passing through. If not then check out A+ in Sulphur. It is south of sulphur on hwy 27.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim.Allison

Just a thought; That 7 pin lead is such a pain flopping around back there, I wonder if screwing cleat into the deck between the garage and your pin box and hanging the 7 pin wire form a spring would support the wire, keep it off your truck and allow it to move as necessary? Mine has never hung up yet, but I can see it happening. Then I'm going to be asking questions.

Curt_Hinson

Just a thought; That 7 pin lead is such a pain flopping around back there, I wonder if screwing cleat into the deck between the garage and your pin box and hanging the 7 pin wire form a spring would support the wire, keep it off your truck and allow it to move as necessary? Mine has never hung up yet, but I can see it happening. Then I'm going to be asking questions.
Jim, been doing it this way since at least 1998. Some lessons are hard learned and difficult to swallow. If this were the only problems I had, I would be on cloud 9. Due to stupidity, messed up the front cap by not being totally under the camper. Mistakenly pressed the "all jacks up" on the auto level system. The front of the trailer tried to go to the bottom in under 1 second. Cost me almost $3000.00 for repairs. TV has never worked. Burned one dish box out trying to connect on satellite. Bought another, but afraid to try it out, because I paid Dixie RV Sales near Crestview, FL to fix the TV. They told me that there were some wires missing. Warranty work. Brought it home and started loading for a trip. Started to rain, so the wife wanted it under the shelter. I forgot that I had the antenna up. Woke up at 3:00 in the morning cursing myself for stupidity. Took it back to Dixie RV. They installed one of the lowboy batwing antennas. It worked when I got it home. It doesn't now. Neither does the cable at the park. In other words, I have no TV. The flood lights do not work, the microwave does not work (can get it to do stupid things by continually pressing buttons, but most of the time pressing the buttons does nothing). Almost forgot, had to have Dixie RV work on the refer. The buttons on it would not work and it poured water on the floor. They said that the button pad was coroded and the drain line was stopped up. Warranty work. My son sat down in one of the dining chairs. The right rear leg broke off at a 60 or so degree angle. Dang lucky he didn't get the sharp piece in his back. Camping world got the chair replaced. Now, each time you sit in the new chair, it makes a noise when you use the back of the chair. I am considering dropping it off in the nearest river when I get it going again.:mad: Sorry about the rant. Not particularly a happy camper. We learn by out mistakes, but they can be costly.

Curt

Jim.Allison

Yup that trailer dip thing almost happened to me, everyone was panicking, but I did not, not because I did not want to, I was just consumed with what to do. Luckily I reached up and pushed the right button and it worked, stopped right there. Now I'm always clear of the rig when raising or lowering in anyway. I got lucky that day. I have not really had any problems with the Big Country. So I can't complain except a little bit. The tires were an issue, first shakedown cruise we lost a TowMax and tore out the side, $2000 claim on insurance. They paid. I changed the rims and tires to eliminate that problem. But I have a couple of mods Im going to make and try to stay ahead of the game. BTW there are a lot of wires for that TV. But mine does work. LOL

Curt_Hinson

To all who responded to this post with the most helpful information anyone could imagine. Also to those that may run into some of these problems down the road. I woke up this AM about 4:30 and lay there thinking about the three blue wires. I decided that I would give it a try. Took me about 30 minutes to get everything straight and back into the box. It was not as pretty as it was, but when I tried it, "HOT DANG" I got readings on my brake controller and DIC. Checked everything else out with regards to all lights and they worked also. I packed that camper and rolled out at 10:00 AM. The biggest push was getting thru Houston on Sunday instead of Monday or Tuesday. Smoothest drive I have made in a long time. I am currently sitting at Canyon Trails RV Resort between San Marcos and New Braunfels, TX. I will be in this vicinity for at least a week, so I will try to clean up some of the problems. Camping World is about 3 miles from here.

Again, I wish to thank everyone profusely for the information and suggestions regarding the trailer brake wiring.

BTW, the wife just informed me there is a water leak under the small side of the kitchen sink. DANG, I have never had anything that caused me as much trouble as this unit.

BYE - gotta go fix leak if I can.

Curt

Curt_Hinson

Fixed water leak using nothing more than a trusty pair of wire pliers and channel lock wrench. The connecting nut on the hot water side was a steady drip. Had not happened before. Must have been caused by high water pressure and I didn't pack a regulator. Get one tomorrow at CW. Makes one wonder how many more will be found. Almost afraid to look tomorrow.

Curt

jassson007

To all who responded to this post with the most helpful information anyone could imagine. Also to those that may run into some of these problems down the road. I woke up this AM about 4:30 and lay there thinking about the three blue wires. I decided that I would give it a try. Took me about 30 minutes to get everything straight and back into the box. It was not as pretty as it was, but when I tried it, "HOT DANG" I got readings on my brake controller and DIC. Checked everything else out with regards to all lights and they worked also. I packed that camper and rolled out at 10:00 AM. The biggest push was getting thru Houston on Sunday instead of Monday or Tuesday. Smoothest drive I have made in a long time. I am currently sitting at Canyon Trails RV Resort between San Marcos and New Braunfels, TX. I will be in this vicinity for at least a week, so I will try to clean up some of the problems. Camping World is about 3 miles from here.

Again, I wish to thank everyone profusely for the information and suggestions regarding the trailer brake wiring.

BTW, the wife just informed me there is a water leak under the small side of the kitchen sink. DANG, I have never had anything that caused me as much trouble as this unit.

BYE - gotta go fix leak if I can.

Curt

Glad ya got it fixed. Let me know when you head back this way and I will make sure there is a site for you here in westlake where we stay.

Andy

Curt_Hinson

Glad ya got it fixed. Let me know when you head back this way and I will make sure there is a site for you here in westlake where we stay.

Andy

Hey Andy, I will be most happy to let you know when I return. The only question I have is do I alert you thru the forum or by phone. I don't text, facebook, bellybook, or buttbook. I have been known to giggle like the dickens, but I also do not twitter.

Curt

jassson007

Hey Andy, I will be most happy to let you know when I return. The only question I have is do I alert you thru the forum or by phone. I don't text, facebook, bellybook, or buttbook. I have been known to giggle like the dickens, but I also do not twitter.

Curt

You can send me a msg through here if ya want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk