No power in awning recept

KarenG

I am new to this forum and do not know if I am posting in the right place, BUT here goes
We have a new 2015 Big Horn 3577 and absolutely love it. No problems until this evening and lost power in the awning recept and also the recept in front basement. DH checked all breakers and fuses and all seem well. No other electrical problems. Any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks much:eek:

jimtoo

Hi KarenG,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Check out the GFI outlet/protector to see if it is tripped. This is usually found in the bathroom and has a reset button on it. This protects almost all the receptacles that are outside or can be exposed to water. Let us know what you find.

Also be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Try resetting the GFI recept in the bathroom, since all of the recepts that are not working or wet location recpts. Also make sure the switch for the Awning recept is on, the Awning recept is switched. The switch is with all the other light switches.

JimM is fast on the keyboard again!

KarenG

OMGoodness, what great and quick responses. I LOVE this forum. We checked the GFI in the bathroom and reset it and BINGO, that solved our problem. Thank you thank you thank you. Jim M, we will certainly check out the Heartland Owners Club, thanks

jimtoo

Your welcome... and please do join us for a rally or get=to=gather when you can.

Jim M

Just noticed your from Pa... DW was born in Monongahelia, Pa... but moved to Texas when she was 4-5.. so she is a Texan now. Was hoping to get back up that way this year after the national Heartland rally,, but don't look like it's gonna happen.

KarenG

Jim, We live about 1/2 hr. north of Pittsburgh off 28. What is the site I would go to to become members of the heartland owners club?

TxCowboy.... That was my DH's question too. Now to find out what tripped it. haha will check that out tomorrow.

jimtoo

Heartland Owners Club. Just click on the blue letters and it will take you to the info page on the forum.

One of these days we will get back that way... still has cousins there and I have one in Baltimore.

Jim M

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
The next question is why did it (GFI) trip?

Could be just running to many things at one time.

We've had ours kick off when running the microwave and the coffee maker at the same time.

Or the toaster and an electric heater . . .

The first time mine ever kicked off was once when I plugged my small Sears Craftsman air compressor into the outside electrical outlet on the trailer.

Nothing else was turned on in the trailer at the time.