Ordered a 4200 today

Dryer

Really excited to get this thing. We ordered it tonight. Excited but nervous lol. It's our first rv!!

jimtoo

Hi Dryer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure you will have lots of questions, so don't hesitate to ask.

We have a great help site under the "Tools" area HUG,, HOM have lots of really good info.. A lot of it is written by our owners who actually use the stuff.

Enjoy the forum and the waiting...

Jim M

alex00

Congratulations on your order and welcome to the group. I can't wait to see pics when you get it. What's your favorite feature of that floor plan?

oscar

Congrats and welcome! That's a lot of RV to jump into the game with. What are you pulling that with? You have experience pulling large trailers? There are a lot of things to do different ways, some will make for a better experience than others. Do share, there's a lot of knowledge here.

Dryer

We have an 09 f450 harley truck. I have pulled an 32 ft bumper pull haul mark. That the biggest I've pulled other than a 36ft boat. We are are really excited about the trailer. I really like the open feel of the 4200. I think the wife really likes the big refrigerator and the amenities that you get with the 4200 versus the 4100. We were torn between the two.

oscar

We have an 09 f450 harley truck. I have pulled an 32 ft bumper pull haul mark. That the biggest I've pulled other than a 36ft boat. We are are really excited about the trailer. I really like the open feel of the 4200. I think the wife really likes the big refrigerator and the amenities that you get with the 4200 versus the 4100. We were torn between the two.

F450 will do fine. Sounds like you've pulled trailers. Carry on. Call if you need help…… ;-)

ClanDad

Really excited to get this thing. We ordered it tonight. Excited but nervous lol. It's our first rv!!

We are looking at our first TH and I think it's a flip between the 4100 King and the 4200. Until we get back to the mainland and the DW can actually walk through some of the models I have researched, I don't think we'll make a decision. I'm excited nonetheless, just as you are Dryer. The kids and I have sat through countless hours of looking at floor plans two and three times and all the pictures and options we can find. This forum certainly helps as we get ready to make that leap. This will be my first RV and hopefully the last one until all four kids are out of the house.

So excited to meet another 4200 owner! We bought ours in Feb at the Austin RV Show (Texas) after seeing the first model at the Houston RV Show. We are expecting delivery the third week in April, and we are so excited we can hardly stand it! It's our first RV, too! We have three dogs that we want to travel with following the drag boat racing circuit in the South and West! Looking at trucks, too. Dodge 2013 3500 DRW. It's all so new but very exciting! A whole new world!

oscar

That Dodge, Silverado 3500HD Diesel DRW, or a Ford F350 Diesel DRW would all do the job. Do not go any smaller, and bigger would be even better.

alex00

My wife spoke to AJ when we ordered and he told her we should have it around May.
Hopefully weather won't be a factor for you. They had my trailer built and ready a month after I ordered it, but the big snow storms caused major shipping delays. Good luck with your wait. I wish I could offer advice on how to be patient, but I've got nothing... hahaa

DDryer

Our TH is completed and we are picking it up Friday. I can not wait together it and check out all the cool features, oh and the full body paint. :)

jimtoo

Hi DDryer,

When you go for your PDI please do a slow, complete inspection. Make sure you can work everything,,, and everything works. This is having water hooked up, TV's on, slides in and out, legs up and down... check everything from top to bottom.,, Don't let them give you a rush job and if possible even camp a night or two at their place or close by.

Jim M

pcardoza

X2 on having the water hooked up! We took delivery of our 4100 King a month ago and I quickly had to run around tightening all the water line connections and drains. Several were dripping and very loosely connected. Coulda' been a much bigger mess!