Part Number for Shackels for SRE4000

farside291

I know some of you have done this upgrade an now I am ready but I can't seem to find a common part number for the MORryde shackles to be used with the SRE4000 system. Amazon has a couple of different part numbers which is the correct one. The UO12-016 is shown with the SRE4000 but is listed for the CRE-3000 will those work with the SRE4000? Also, is the SRE4000 much better than the CRE3000? I know the SRE4000 comes with a cross member. Any help is appreciated.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Having just gone through the disk brake conversion a couple of weeks ago, and having the Morryde wet bolt kit installed as well, I can tell you this. The installer told me that the 4000 is a much better system that the 3000 but also said the 3000 is so good that you shouldn't replace it till it is wore out. The wet bolt kit he made sound like it will work on any of the Morryde setups. Since I was getting the wetbolt kit, and I know I will upgrade to the 4000 eventually, I did not want to buy a different wetbolt kit when I did upgrade. Lastly, he had ordered 8 wetbolt kits and they were delivered to me with my disk brakes. He said that there are some part numbers on the Morryde website that are not correct. He said the best way to order them is from Amazon as they are numbered correctly there.

farside291

Thanks for the info. Do you have the part numbers for the wet bolt kit and shackles that will fit the SRE4000? I want to make sure I order the correct part numbers.

My buddy who owns a SOB found one of the shackle bolts completely missing. He doesn't know how long it was missing but says he has over 10K on the trailer towing. The spring hanger wore a spot into the frame on both sides. That is enough to make me spend the money on the wet bolts and heavier shackles.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I do not. But again the installer said the wet bolt kit will fit both of those hangers. As far as upgrading the shackles, I definitely cannot help you as we are using the oem.

Gary521

The wet bolt kit depends upon the length of your existing shackle AND whether or not you have the CorrectTrack system. The shackle kit is not specific to the 3000 or 4000 system itself. Measure the centerline distance of the bolt holes in the shackle. That is the length.
BTW: If you are buying the 4000 by yourself, you have to measure the distance of the axle centerline and get the correct unit

farside291

Do you know the difference between the two, with correct track and without? I have correct track with the yellow shim on the leaf spring.

Looks like the Correct Track part number is UO12-029
Non-Correct Track is UO12-016

Both of these part numbers will work with either the CRE-3000 or SRE-4000

Last edited:

Gary521

With the Correct track and two axles: U012-029 with 2-1/4"shackles and U012-031 with 3-1/8" shackles. I am guessing that you have the shorter shackles.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can call MorRyde for a quote and ask for the part numbers. Then shop around with that info.

We had the SRE-4000, heavier shackles and wet bolts installed at MorRyde last year, but I don't know if the invoice listed parts numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farside291

The MUO-016 is for non-Correct Track springs which Amazon carries. Amazon does not carry the MUO-029. But I was able to find it from RV & Auto Parts for $109.04. Glad I posted here because I would have ordered the MUO-016 from Amazon. I had already put it in the Cart! Once Gary521 mentioned about the Correct Track it made it pretty obvious from the MORryde site which set is needed for our fifth wheels. Thanks everyone!

NYSUPstater

I called MORide directly to get the correct part number I needed then shopped around for the wet bolt kit. IMO, wet bolts should come standard especially on more $$$ units.