Pocket Hose ( hose that grows)

sdrubrecht

We got one at Home Depot two weeks ago for the backyard. It was very convient until it burst yesterday. I'll be taking it back today. I know we have only 60 psi because I installed the pressure reducer.

Vtxkid

Update: I have used my pocket hose twice for washing the vehicles and other than a minor dribble at the nozzle to hose joint, the hose worked great! When it appeared to get dirty in the process, I rinsed it off with the spray nozzle and any dirt rinsed right off. I like the hose for my needs as it stores easy. So far it's got my vote!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I recently bought a second pocket hose. I have a 25 ft and 50 ft ones. I have used both several times and they work great, as advertised. I have not noted any problems and they store easily and are light in weight. Not for drinking hoses though. Positive reviews from here.;)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I bought two 50ft. lengths from the vendor (a 2 for 1 deal). Works great for washing the rig and other chores. Dragged it through sandy grass, yet it cleaned right off. Stores in a small tote.

The only hose you should use for drinking water is a white one specially made for that purpose. I got my 50ft supply hose from the RV Filter Store and use a hose stand to coil the excess next to the rig.

dave10a

I am very disappointed to learn that the girl with the gorpy smile on the TV add showing us the five positions of the nozzle doesn't come with the hose:p I think will buy one anyhow to see how it works out. It is cheap enough to take a chance with.

i bought a 50 and 25ft, used 50ft 6 times has small leak but not bad, keep 25ft hooked up in front bedroom in case of fire. we dont use washer hookup so hope this helps get out door in case of fire. this hose really neat idea'

MaxOwner

i bought a 50 and 25ft, used 50ft 6 times has small leak but not bad, keep 25ft hooked up in front bedroom in case of fire. we dont use washer hookup so hope this helps get out door in case of fire. this hose really neat idea'

That is a really good idea. We have the X hose ( blue one.....) and found it needed a minimum amount of water pressure to make it work. One place I was filling from a sistern and the water pump pressure couldn't get water through the hose. Now I had about 150-175' of hoses together to reach the trailer. Switched X hose out with a regular one and had no problems.

ParkIt

Years ago I had both the expanding and the flat ones, they didn't hold up worth a hill of beans. They may have changed them by now so they hold up better, keeping track of this thread to see how they hold up for those that have either color hose.

JohnDar

Years ago I had both the expanding and the flat ones, they didn't hold up worth a hill of beans. They may have changed them by now so they hold up better, keeping track of this thread to see how they hold up for those that have either color hose.

Used mine again (it's the green one) the other day to clean the front cap. I really like that hose. Delivers decent pressure and doesn't kink or weigh a ton when you're up on a ladder with it. Then I hand waxed and buffed the front cap. I gotta get a buffer.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Used mine again (it's the green one) the other day to clean the front cap. I really like that hose. Delivers decent pressure and doesn't kink or weigh a ton when you're up on a ladder with it. Then I hand waxed and buffed the front cap. I gotta get a buffer.

I'm waiting on the "Pocket Buffer" to come out.

ParkIt

I'm waiting on the "Pocket Buffer" to come out.
I consider my DA to be just that. The only issue is the 6" diameter head means more passes but I just don't like using the DeWalt on a ladder (aka: accident waiting to happen).

4ever

Some have sated that the fittings on the pocket hose don't hold up. Can you replace the fittings with the ones used for standard garden hoses?

Vtxkid

I have recently taken one of the ends apart to see if I could replace them if needed and with the way they are assembled, I don't see where its possible.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Donhutch1800

These hoses are great.we have two of them.just don't leave the water in the hose with pressure and let stand in the sun as it will bust the hose.

JohnDar

Am I the only one with a sophomoric sense of humor that laughs every time this topic "pops up"? :)

The censors will beat you severely about the head and shoulders if you pursue this line of thought. Worse yet, they might smack your pocket hose ! :eek:

porthole

Retired
Am I the only one with a sophomoric sense of humor that laughs every time this topic "pops up"? :)

Could have sworn I posted an answer to this already.........

I'm with ya on this one. I have been collecting "interesting" thread titles for awhile now.

azbigfoot

I'd consider carrying one of these hoses. Basically I'd use it as a light weight, compact black tank flush hose. I use a flat hose on a reel for drinking water.

Wmnmy

I purchased three of them don't bother with the green ones with the black fittings get the xhose or black one with brass fittings they crack and burst if u shut off one end with any kind of pressure ...