Power Awning Clicking...

jillmstar

My Power awning is clicking and not working. Do you have any suggestions on what's going on? Has anybody replaced the motor on your unit? Is it difficult to do?
Thanks
Jill :confused:

Jimmy

If it is "clicking" it is probably not the motor, sounds like it might be a gear, have you tried pulling it out while pushing the button?

jillmstar

If it is "clicking" it is probably not the motor, sounds like it might be a gear, have you tried pulling it out while pushing the button?

Yes, I have tried that and sometimes it works and some times it just clicks. The problem is trying to roll the awning up. That takes 3 people to do. .......

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it's a Dometic (probably is), contact them if it's still under warranty. Make arrangements to either get one of their recommended mobile techs to look at it or take it to a dealer. Warning about mobile techs, though, is that Dometic won't pay their service call fee. Normally, with an electric awning, once you disengage the motor to manually roll it up (motor dies), it's a one-way street until you get it serviced. Fortunately for me, mine died when it was retracted and would not extend.