Project LM 365

TxCowboy

Simple Mod. I ordered a clear USB LED light strip to put inside our Heartland LM 365 sign so you can see it during the day. I'm trying to find a USB A-B switch to switch back and forth, but haven't found what I'm looking for yet.
Step light Mod. I changed the simple amber marker light under the step with a Blue 4" LED strip light, to match the the Landmark sign at night.
a2f5f1bea0e7029560642778e6a3d776.jpg
67142110244ccaf544c6756b9ad8f384.jpg
e8234ce42df9dfa64fef3862d0d63fc1.jpg
5abb31ace19287fcfb0a0d134635969d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jerrod, sorry to raise the dead (thread!) here but do you still have the source and part # for the LED light tube you bought? I pulled the connection off the factory sign by accident and want to replace it. The one I purchased off Amazon is white and not very bright.

Thanks!

Jeff & Laurie

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just found some time to look for that LED light strip and didn't have any luck finding what and where I got it. LOL
Just Google "USB LED light strip" and a bunch will come up. I still want to put a 3 position rocker switch in the side like Jim B. suggested so I can switch it from white to blue or off .
ea74964d79e62e924535b3fc1c26f59c.jpg

TxCowboy

Jerrod, the USB connection has to have an "L" shape or it won't connect properly behind the metal sign. The LED bar that I bought from Amazon had the straight plug-in to the USB connector on the slide and the sign didn't fit flush against the side of the slide.

The new LED bar cabling had to be spliced into the "L" shaped USB connection that originally came on the metal sign. Fortunately, my RV park neighbor is a retired electrician so it was child's play for him.

Bones

I was getting excited when I saw this thread pop back up that you had done something new. I've been working in my garage a little this warmer and colder winter. I haven't gotten to making my cabinet and face frame for the camper yet. Your set up look good. I like going to the beach spots. Relaxing.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If you look closely at the photo you see my Wilson phone booster cable running across the roof and down into the side window on the slide. I seem to have lost the connection on the cable from the roof antenna in to the living room TV not sure where but it worked before. So I need to track it down and fix it. That's embarrassing having that cable running down the side of the rig. I have to keep the inside antanna as far away from the outside antanna as possible to get it to work.
When it is working properly I can go from 0 bars and no signal to 4 or 5 bars and full signal.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Another Mod
Same as Jim B. did on his rig.
Every time I would pull the cap off I always got a cup or two of gray water on the ground.
Fixed that problem and I'm hoping I can open both of the gray valves on the coach and have them even out, that way I can take more showers and wash less dishes.
That will only work if both tank are at the same level in the belly of the coach. So I guess I will find out next week.
333e2f6e951d7989d1dce704358de571.jpg
2121153a3348299f3e76bdf03f23ea67.jpg
77f899025102f30908e4da0e13b5c4d4.jpg

Update on how nice this valve works.... Before the valve, every time I removed the cap I would get a lot of gray water out of the pipe. Now when I remove the cap it is dry.

Also we had talked about opening both #1 and #2 gray valves to see if they would level out ? NO LUCK !!!! The gray tank #1 (bathroom) is lower then gray tank #2 (kitchen) so with the end valve closed and both valves open, tank #1 filled up first. Not a good idea to overfill a tank. After closing both valves and doing a lot of dishes we overflowed the kitchen tank. We had water and soap bubbles running out of the island. We found drain tube for the dish washer was not caped behind the island drawers.... I think it should be... DW said I should make a alarm system to go off when the tanks are full. Maybe I'll put it on my list.
Side note if you do not have the dish washer, that drain tube is open and will dump water under the island behind the drawers. I would rather it back up into the sink.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would like to update a few of my Mod's that work like a charm.
d88471c88717b8a78b07d2a0541481f4.jpg

The pull out trash can... We Love it !!!! It is so much easier to use now, Another plus is you can still walk passed it with it open and being used.

71893452df5ffa58e8dcadcd8b746fb9.jpg

The green indicator light for the fridge inverter. Give you piece of mind while traveling..... Good idea Jim B. thanks

4a79d9cf4a6a0c9866ce589b0736edff.jpg

The Lippert aluminum quad steps. What a difference they made... so much more sturdy then the stock steel steps were.

0b03f00f4a720804d1c5a6e96a907f13.jpg

The bedroom reading light dimmer switches. Love them..... Its just nice to be able to set the lights to our preference.

d28926e5288681a9bdc14aee01205f57.jpg

The ladder box. It really turned out nice and works like a charm, It's there when I need it and out of my way when I don't....

7ea34647e280c1b7a3526075b8db12e3.jpg

From the last post the sewer gate valve at the end of the line.

0d06614dc3caa9399ae3b2304de5bde4.jpg

And of course the Go Solar kit with the full coach Invertor. It is so nice to have everything working anytime we want it. (Power wise)

There are many more but you get the idea.

kdubinwa

Jerrod,

Curious... Any concern with cutting/gluing to install a last chance dump valve? In case of repairs? I was thinking of just adding the twist-on gate valve but that may stick out too far...

Kurt

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,

Curious... Any concern with cutting/gluing to install a last chance dump valve? In case of repairs? I was thinking of just adding the twist-on gate valve but that may stick out too far...

Kurt

No none. I just cut it in the middle and went for it. The twist on is the easy way out though.

jimtoo

If you go for the twist on, which I use and lots of others, make sure you position the handle at the 1--2 O'clock position. In other words handle leaning towards the rear. This will keep the valve from bouncing off while traveling on our good highways.

Jim M

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If you go for the twist on, which I use and lots of others, make sure you position the handle at the 1--2 O'clock position. In other words handle leaning towards the rear. This will keep the valve from bouncing off while traveling on our good highways.

Jim M

You could also put it at 12 o-clock like recommended and put a set screw in it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have an issue with my curb side slide topper holding rain water. I've seen some that have made PVC pipe set ups to slide in there and hold it up in the center. I have been looking for the right simple fix. I think I found something. (http://hydrabarrier.com/collections/sandless-water-diversion-products/products/hydrabarrier-ultra-6)
They have 4" - 6" & 12" and different lengths. I would just fill it with air and slide it in. Or I might install an air valve stem on the end of it then I could put some air in it to slide it in then air it up to the desired pressure.

danemayer

I have an issue with my curb side slide topper holding rain water. I've seen some that have made PVC pipe set ups to slide in there and hold it up in the center. I have been looking for the right simple fix. I think I found something. (http://hydrabarrier.com/collections/sandless-water-diversion-products/products/hydrabarrier-ultra-6)
They have 4" - 6" & 12" and different lengths. I would just fill it with air and slide it in. Or I might install an air valve stem on the end of it then I could put some air in it to slide it in then air it up to the desired pressure.

Hi Jerrod,

In the winter, I use PVC supports. They're in sections that are tied together so I can store them in a small space. The pieces of the upside down T-supports are glued together and I plug the assembly into Tee fittings glued on the main supports. So the upside down T supports come off for storage and the main support rods fold up. Easy to make.

The hydrabarrier looks like it would do the job as well. The only thing to be concerned about would be high winds in a straight line with your coach. You might find yourself looking around the campground for the hydrabarrier. I used to use small plastic weave bins from the Dollar Store. But one day they all blew out all over the park.

Bones

I have the same issue with my large slide. I really wish I was there when it was installed. It needed a lot more angle than they gave it and it's not like they didn't have the room.