Question about Welcome Home Light

jjacbah

I have a Bighorn 3750FL and just now discovered that there is a "Welcome Home Light" feature that I have never know about. The light has never come on prior to the middle of the night last night and now it just stays on. I finally pulled the fuse on it for now. Does anyone have any idea if there is a certain switch on the Bighorn 3750FL and where that might be located? Not sure why it has never worked before and why it all of a sudden turned on. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thnak you,
John and Karen Palmer

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
There is a switch for it also. By any chance did it get turned on?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Garypowell

Don't have your model but the controller for my light is behind the door side basement wall. About the size of a flattened cigarette pack....just a little smaller.

As as already mentioned there is a switch in the control panel for manual off/on

rdufek

I have the 3750FL, the switch is on the face of the 1st step going up to the living room.

rdufek

Isnt that switch for the over the outside steps light. The one in the well for the entry steps.

Yes it is, I'm not sure if that is the one being referred to or not. There was another unit in Goshen who's light only came on and off with the use of the remote. That was the only button. My "Welcome Home" button on the remote was never wired to anything. There is a relay for it but the never connected a light to it. Further, the techs advised the remote option is no longer being made available.

Gary521

My welcome home has never worked and that is fine with me. Like everyone said there is a wall switch BUT there is a magnetic switch in the door threshold that does the turn on when you open the door. Either this magnetic switch is not functioning properly or the controller is not functioning properly. If the light come on and stays on, I would suspect the controller. It is only supposed to be illuminated for a few seconds.

BusManRG

We have had issues with that light from the beginning also. The dealership has determined that our issue is with the magnet which is located in the bottom of the door. The magnets are actually on backorder from Heartland and will be shipped directly to us when it arrives. The Welcome Home Light feature only works if the wall switch for "entry light" is set to off. And as stated it shouldn't stay on longer more than 30 seconds to a minute or so.

Sandy

danemayer

I understand it to work this way, at least on older Landmarks. There's typically a separate switch to manually turn on the light over the entry. If that switch is on, the Welcome Back Controller doesn't do anything. If off, the switch under the door activates the controller to provide about 30 seconds of power to the light when the door is opened.

Here's a diagram of how I understand it. The dashed red lines indicate power paths when either the switch is used, or the door opens.
Welcome Back Light Block Diagram Entry Switch.jpg

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Dan that is my understanding also. There is one switch for the WBL. And one for the under the step light.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jjacbah

Thank you everyone for all the replies and information. Since it never worked right from the beginning I probably need to take it in and have the magnet checked and go from there. I did find the switch for the entry light on the panel and turning that on or off as no effect on the light. The under the step light is working correctly.

Thanks again!

SLO

My first Bighorn (2012 3070RL) had a problem with welcome back lite. I discovered it was a weak magnet. I used a strong magnet and held it over the threshold where the magnetic switch would be. The welcome back light worked when doing this, so I knew the installed magnet was weak or the magnet switch had fallen away from the underside of threshold. Heartland sent another magnet and everything worked properly with new magnet. I used a cow magnet to test with. They're strong magnets and handy to have around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk