Rear Awnings

Since Heartland can't or won't fix the A/C problem my bride and I are going to pony up the cash for awnings. If I can block the sun from making my windows hot enough to fry an egg that might be a good start. I have a 2013 Landmark and looking for ways to put an awning on the rear window. Has anyone else done this and how did you get around the ladder. As I have said in the past, the next RV I buy will have to keep the inside cold enough to hang meat before I buy it.

ARRRRRRGGGGG I hate my air conditioner. Woops should have said Both air conditioners.

In the shop for the 3rd time. My 2013 Landmark gets hotter than a two dollar pistol. If I hear "It's cooling" one more time I will scream. If you set an ice cube in the middle of the trailer it's cool also. Just not enough volume. I can't do the tent because the a/c is not accessable from inside. Hey Heartland, how about stepping up to the plate and giving us a fix!

GOTTOYS

Re: ARRRRRRGGGGG I hate my air conditioner. Woops should have said Both air conditioners.

If you only have one air conditioner it's never going to keep up no matter what brand of trailer it is. If you have 2 air conditioners..well that's another story...Don

Garypowell

Re: ARRRRRRGGGGG I hate my air conditioner. Woops should have said Both air conditioners.

I don't know your model or much about a/c but after owning 5 5th wheels I have never been happy with just one unit. Put a bedroom unit in my last rig and the new one came with one. It gets a little noisey but we are cool when we want to be.

At night we run bedroom on low and main on high and reverse that during the daytime.

I am a fairly light sleeper and that noise turns white after a while and it helps drown out outside noise.

Every time we buy we are told one is enough.....but it is not.

Granted yours might be broken and that would be another problem.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We got a roll up sunscreen, that goes on the outside of the rear cap between the window and ladder...worked great at reducing heat. We also in really hot weather kept the blinds down...also reduced heat.

If you have a dual ducted A/C system in a 2013 Landmark, it came standard with 2 15k units...are you saying you can't keep the rig cool wit both running, or are you trying to get by just using one??

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also had installed a sunscreen like what Ken and Kathy did a couple of years ago and love it. Works great plus an extra privacy screen during the daytime. We had our rv dealership order and install it which was around 250.00. I would recommend it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

If you have two AC units and its not getting cool inside, something is wrong. That being said, there a couple of caveats. For instance, if it's 100 degrees outside, you'll be lucky to get it down to 80. Also, you'll need to keep the fans set to high probably.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

danemayer

Airplaneguy,

Since you had 2 threads with essentially the same discussion, I've merged them together into this one.