Rear Stabilizer problem

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I mentioned in an earlier post that my rear stabilizers decided to act up Sunday while we were packing to leave the CG. I went out the storage yard this morning to have a look at the switch, et.al. There's 12V at the switch connections, and it appears to work when tested with a VOM, so it's not the problem. That also tells me it's not between the switch and battery, either. Peeking inside the close-out where the switch is mounted, I can see some butt connections, along with some wire nutted speaker(?) wires. Didn't have time to open the slide so I could fully remove the panel to get at anything, though. So, it's either bad wiring between switch and motor, or the motor. It did react one time when I tried it this morning, but would not after I released the switch and tried again. Since I can still crank them manually without breaking a sweat, it's going to be a "round to" project to fix.

I also pulled the water heater anode rod out to drain the tank. Looks like the rod will be good for at least another summer.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I was thinking that, but when I connect the VOM to the switch terminals and operate it, it shows the 12V when it should. Just no joy at the motor. Another post mentioned having a broken ground connection, but I'll have to open up the skirting to get at it. The motors have been documented as being another weak link, too.