Replacement for Half Time Oven

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
When it came time to replace your 1/2 time oven what did you replace it with. I'm only interested in replacing it with another microwave\convection oven.

Did the size of the oven match with the size of the opening or did you have to do modifications to get it in?

Mine is still hanging in there...but, it seems to be taking longer to preheat..and preheating now seems to be a requirement to cook the center of anything.

Again, I'm not interested in replacing it with a microwave. I want the convection part too.

DennisZ

Lefty

I replaced mine with a unit from J.C. Pennys, it is a Cooks brand (their home brand), and it was a perfect drop in replacement. I think I paid about $100 on sale.

Dennis

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty

I replaced mine with a unit from J.C. Pennys, it is a Cooks brand (their home brand), and it was a perfect drop in replacement. I think I paid about $100 on sale.

Dennis

You got a model number? I'm dumb on some of this stuff.:confused:

DennisZ

Lefty

I don't remember the model number, I just looked online and didn't see it there, might have been discontinued.

Dennis

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty

I don't remember the model number, I just looked online and didn't see it there, might have been discontinued.

Dennis

Figures, well that's what tape measures are made for. Thanks for your efforts. I'll find something to fit...it's taking 2 hours to bake something that should be done in 60+ MINUTES.

cjbearden

Visitor
Lefty,

Here is a website that might save a few keyboard strokes in your search:
http://products.howstuffworks.com/microwave-convection-oven-reviews.htm

In our Augusta, we have the 1100 watt huge Dometic convection/microwave, which we use religiously!!! Love the convection cooking and have never even lit the stove's oven. In our stick/brick former house, we used a Sharp convection/microwave and loved it because it also had the grill feature which we dearly miss. If we ever change out our c/m, we will definitely find one with the grill feature.

Good luck on finding a convection/microwave you and your pocketbook like.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Lefty,

Here is a website that might save a few keyboard strokes in your search:
http://products.howstuffworks.com/microwave-convection-oven-reviews.htm

In our Augusta, we have the 1100 watt huge Dometic convection/microwave, which we use religiously!!! Love the convection cooking and have never even lit the stove's oven. In our stick/brick former house, we used a Sharp convection/microwave and loved it because it also had the grill feature which we dearly miss. If we ever change out our c/m, we will definitely find one with the grill feature.

Good luck on finding a convection/microwave you and your pocketbook like.

I want to try out the convection part when I bake my bread AFTER the trailer mods are done. I wish the oven was down about 6 inches, it would make it a lot easier to reach from my chair. I like that it's electric..gives me an oven should I run out of propane. I'm not crazy about the combo bit..it's too easy to go into nuke mode...plays h*ll with the biscuits! Smokin'!

HappyKayakers

We replaced ours with another Apollo. Only I didn't pay enough attention when ordering and got the countertop model instead of the built-in. The only difference I can see is the new one doesn't have the vent rerouted over the top. But the feet fit perfectly in the original stand. Still trying to figure out how to fill in the empty space between the Apollo and the cabinet frame. Personally, I don't mind the open space but DW sees things differently.

navyAZ1

Our Apollo died couldn't find a replacement that would fit the existing trim kit, then one day we were out running around and stopped at a Home Depot and found a Daewoo microwave/convection with grill option counter top model on clearance for $89. It is 1/2" wider and 1/2" taller than the Apollo but I took my drimel tool and cut the plastic trim kit to fit around it and now it looks built in.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our Apollo died couldn't find a replacement that would fit the existing trim kit, then one day we were out running around and stopped at a Home Depot and found a Daewoo microwave/convection with grill option counter top model on clearance for $89. It is 1/2" wider and 1/2" taller than the Apollo but I took my drimel tool and cut the plastic trim kit to fit around it and now it looks built in.

Where is the pictures?