Route planning software

fooseje

I have used Microsoft Streets and Trips for years, but they no longer support this item. Are there any suggestions for a similar planning software package?

Thanks,
John

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I have used Microsoft Streets and Trips for years, but they no longer support this item. Are there any suggestions for a similar planning software package?

Thanks,
John

I use the trip planner from Good Sam. Never had any problems.

Gary521

Almost all cell phones have a mapping APP that will give you a route. With Android phones its Google Maps or Navigator not sure on Iphones. I let the thing "suggest" a route then I check a regular map to get my actual route that I will take.

dykesj11

Try rvtripwizard.com. Works with Google maps, photos, etc. Subscription but think you can try it for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Rand McNally Road Atlas in conjunction with whatever software or app you choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
[SUB]I have tried multiple products.

I keep going back to MS Streets & trips. Currently I am using the 2006 version for all my basic planning

I also use Garmin's base camp because it can run on a Mac. It's ok but I don't really use it for planning that much. Although I will use Basecamp when I want to download info into an 'ancient' Garmin 478 GPS combo (a MFD before there were really any MFD's)[/SUB]

Lynn1130

I guess it depends upon what you are wanting to accomplish. If you are looking for something that you can plan and print out the routing software is fine. If you are looking for something for a smart phone to use while traveling then Waze, MapQuest, Google Maps, and many other Apps are available and work well. If I am planning a long trip and would like to see what is available for overnight RV stays then Good Sam is great.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
For short trips I stick with google maps in satellite mode so I can actually see the campground I’m heading into. For longer, multipoint trips I use MS Streets & Trips to get the big picture laid out, including route optimization. It’s also great for defining how far/long you want to drive in a day. Then I go back to google maps for daily execution

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk