Rubber molding/trim

trumanr

I had my 3250 TS:eek: Big Country only for about six months when the rubber molding/trim came loose from around the front of the trailer. I have not tried to replace it. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When you say "came loose", do you mean a bit of a gap down low on one or both sides? Maybe an 1/8 inch or so wide and several inches long? Please describe "came loose".

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post.

I am interested in finding out more. Could you give me more detail with regard to which trim or even a photo?

We have not heard of this in production, so we want to be sure that if there is an issue, we are on it.

Thanks.

jayc

Legendary Member
Trumanr, are you referring to the molding that covers the screw heads in a channel on either side of your trailer? Mine has come loose a couple of times and I have just put it back into the channel and it has stayed.

Taz Devil

I have had the same problem on the drivers side. Going down I-75 and look back it started coming loose. It looked like a snake and it just kept getting longer. It will come loose from about middle way and work its way out. I had to stop a couple of times to press it back into place. If it wasn't for the screws at the top and bottom of the strip it would have come off. Then too, I can't believe all the holes that are hidden behind this strip and none of them chalked or filled in. :eek::eek:

talley

Mine has come loose and as described I just inserted it back into the channel. I havve a 2006 Bighorn and there are two widths.. one inch and 3/4 inch sizes. Heartland workers at the rally were willing to replace some missing strips, but only had the 3/4 inch. Following the rally I went to Heartland parts to get the 1 inch size but they did not have any at that time. Following the rally I have seen the material at RV parts stores. Just be aware of the size you need when shopping or ordering.