Rusty Lippert Pinbox

Snaredrum

Noticed on my first trip with the new 2015 4100 King, that I had a rust stain in my truck bed. On further inspection, I noticed it was coming from the inside of the pinbox. There are 2 holes on top of the box that are open for water to drain into and looks to be just one drain hole out the bottom. I'm thinking these holes were from when they included the plastic cover that used to be on top of the pinbox. Any ideas? I have it covered right now with electrical tape just to try to keep it from water getting back in there. This hauler only come off the line less then 2 months ago. Thanks

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Go to Home Depot and get rubber or plastic plugs to fit in the top holes. Touch up any spots you can see with Rustoleum. Trace

wdk450

I would contact Heartland to have the pinbox cover removed and the metal inspected. A good chunk of your purchase price is warranty coverage.

Snaredrum

Thanks Bill. Yes I will be contacting them tomorrow to make sure this is going to be a problem. 73's K9AOS. Nice to meet ya.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
After you pull it awhile....you might be changing out OEM pinbox anyway to stop the "chucking" and all around bad ride from it. Making a mess yes...will it ever rust through...probably not in your lifetime.

AdamR

I'm pulling my 3110 cyclone using a Reese Goosebox attached to a 06 Chevy 2500HD srw. I don't experience any issues while pulling. But this Goosebox setup has a weight limit that you my be over.