RV Lock v. 3

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Called RVLock today. I bought and installed the 3.0 version last December after purchasing it during their Black Friday event. The lock has always worked sporadically whether using the keypad or fob.
Well last weekend at the rally it pretty much quit. It only worked after you slammed the door shut so I figured there was a loose connection or circuit.
Today I called RVLock. After finally getting my point and dissatisfaction across to the young fellow that answered, RVLock is sending me a replacement circuit board.
Hopefully that is the resolution. Will post results when I receive and install the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only issue we ever had with our lock has been with the Keypad. I changed the battery in the pad and it locked up. 2 quick emails and a replacement was on its way. Hope tgis fixes your issue. Once it works, it's a great system.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Update--The replacement circuit board, FINALLY, arrived today (but that's another discussion)!
4bf03f5f02b9c6047c351b82b9822e8e.jpg

Did the swap and synced the fob and keypad. Sitting here at home it works more times than not whereas the original didn't work at all.
Jury is still out on reliability. We'll decide after the rig is bounced down our nation's great highways to the next rally.

jbeletti

Update--The replacement circuit board, FINALLY, arrived today (but that's another discussion)!

Did the swap and synced the fob and keypad. Sitting here at home it works more times than not whereas the original didn't work at all.
Jury is still out on reliability. We'll decide after the rig is bounced down our nation's great highways to the next rally.

I recognize that board. I carry some of them plus other repair parts with me. I enjoy helping Heartlanders keep their RV Locks running well. Sometimes things break.

Once, I had my entrance door pinned open and a thunderstorm passed through. Oops - the water soaked RV Lock got it's main board shorted out. Changed it out in about 5 minutes after getting a replacement. I believe RV Lock coats their circuit boards now to guard against shorting out due to water contact.

mlpeloquin

Purchased mine at the Goshen Rally. They were not at the rally, but gave a discount and mailed the lock and a free second key flob. Had it shipped to my cousins house. I install the lock when we got there. The lock worked sporadically, but mostly worked for almost a year. Then it stopped working. I called RV Lock and they sent me a new board ASSP without charge. It was two days later and since it would be no loss, I removed the board from the lock and inspected it. The secondary board which had the antenna wire on it had two bad solder joints. Too late to call and cancel the shipment. I now have a good backup. The lock works flawlessly, and the re-instillation of the board was easy.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
4bf03f5f02b9c6047c351b82b9822e8e.jpg

Knowing you, you were probably trying to modify it somehow. Trying to get your FOB to work from a mile away.....

Hopefully it works as well as ours. 4 years of good luck.

jbeletti

Knowing you, you were probably trying to modify it somehow. Trying to get your FOB to work from a mile away.....

Hopefully it works as well as ours. 4 years of good luck.

Hey - you looking at my future mod book?! :)

I'll be hacking a FOB by attaching it to an Arduino Nano and adding that to my coach home automation system. Then we'll have some fun :)

jbeletti

Purchased mine at the Goshen Rally. They were not at the rally, but gave a discount and mailed the lock and a free second key flob. Had it shipped to my cousins house. I install the lock when we got there. The lock worked sporadically, but mostly worked for almost a year. Then it stopped working. I called RV Lock and they sent me a new board ASSP without charge. It was two days later and since it would be no loss, I removed the board from the lock and inspected it. The secondary board which had the antenna wire on it had two bad solder joints. Too late to call and cancel the shipment. I now have a good backup. The lock works flawlessly, and the re-instillation of the board was easy.

Way to "git'r done!" Nice to have the backup board too. My guess is you'll use it in the lock of a friend before you'll need it.