Sacramento CA, RV Parks

TXTiger

I may be going to Sacramento area for a week or two around Thanksgiving. I have a 42 foot Cyclone toy hauler with 50 amps. Anybody have any recomendations on RV parks in the Sacramento area?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tony,
I don't remember what it was like, but Teri reminded me we stayed at Folsom Lake state park back in the 90's.
She said it was decent. You might check it out. Trace

Gizzy

WE stayed at Mark J RV Park this summer. REALLY nice place and very quiet. It is a 55 plus park and you must pay for one week minimum but the price is also GREAT. $130/wk. You won't find anything to compare, especially for the price. Check it out.

alex00

Folsom Lake would be one of the only areas I'd consider. There are several camping areas in the Delta, but you're a good hour from downtown. Auburn has a quiet, nice campground. Folsom will be more like "camping". Auburn used to be a KOA, but is now an independent private CG. I would stay away from anything closer to Sacramento. Auburn Boulevard (not to be confused with the CG IN Auburn, or Folsom Lake which is ON Folsom-Auburn) is full of long term high crime campgrounds. Stockton Boulevard has many "campgrounds" as well, but a slightly higher crime rate.

wdk450

There is a KOA in adjacent West Sacramento. The state Fairgrounds at Cal Expo has an RV park at lower rates, but it is essentially an asphalt lot that needs a lot of levelling pads to level out your trailer. I have also heard good comments about Mark RJ RV park, but have not stayed there myself. There is also a park called Mclellan-Miller Mobile Home Park that has a mix of long term and short term residents, but the owners seem to enforce the rules and they have restricted entry.