Satellite connections on Bighorn

Dragoon

Right now the LR TV can have ANTENNA or Satellite the way it is set up. I haven't looked at the HDDVR to see if there is an open "out to TV" plug available. So what you are saying is that I can run another cable line to the cable connection on the TV (don't know if it is available either). The way this Olevia is mounted, it is so diffiult to get to the plugins. The bracket is really in the way. So let's say I have an open spot on the receiver, open spot on the TV (both should say cable). Leave BR in cable spot, turn off booster. I should be able to change channels and have satellite in the BR and LR at the same time, and can watch different channels? What do I do about remotes? Can I purchase a universal one for the BR?

Both TV's would have the same channel wired this way. As to remote, you could get a remote extender http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2049642 and control it from the BR. This would change your program in the LR as well, if that's what you want to do :confused:

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Right now the LR TV can have ANTENNA or Satellite the way it is set up. I haven't looked at the HDDVR to see if there is an open "out to TV" plug available. So what you are saying is that I can run another cable line to the cable connection on the TV (don't know if it is available either). The way this Olevia is mounted, it is so diffiult to get to the plugins. The bracket is really in the way. So let's say I have an open spot on the receiver, open spot on the TV (both should say cable). Leave BR in cable spot, turn off booster. I should be able to change channels and have satellite in the BR and LR at the same time, and can watch different channels? What do I do about remotes? Can I purchase a universal one for the BR?

I do not have a HD dish for the RV so I use a standard directv reciever. I used a s-video cable to the tv to free up the coaxial out to tv on the reciever. You could use rca cables also. The routing round the tv mounting bracket can be tricky so be careful. This only allows you to watch the same show on both sets as mentioned and it takes a little sacrafice on my part so that the wife can have her way!

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Satellite

Thanks so much. I think I'll get the second receiver so we can watch different shows. It is only $4.00/month extra. I have the DVD player underneath the TV right now, so I'll have to move it to the closet, cut a hole in the TV cabinet from the closet so I can connect the leads for the DVD player when needed. Too many toys!:p