• IMG_2357.jpg
    IMG_2357.jpg
    747.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 107

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I have a question for the "Ram" owners. It appears that the GCVW rating on the 3500's DRW has dropped about 8K. Not wanting to start a Ford..Dodge..Chevy fight, cause I dont care what you like or drive. That your choice and money. Were the ads on TV for 2014's wrong or what?? I also noticed that Ford has bumped theirs 200#. GM's are still at 31K for a 2WD DRW 3500 and 30500# for a 3500 DRW 4WD like mine as far as I know.

PS...I have never figured out why truck dicussions always turn into my truck is better than yours. They are all good trucks....so whats the beef??

jnbhobe

Bob, I think they are all crazy. I have a F-350 dually on order with max tow and a GCWR of 35K.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Marcus, I could have sworn the new add for the Ram said it was 30K GVWR. Now it seems that GM has boosted the 5er rating in 2015 by 700#'s.

John, the new ad for Ford said "we have raised the rating by 200#'s".

Personally, I dont think it will ever stop until they all are a class 8 truck.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, it's not new, but it hauls the Mammoth just fine! 2004 GMC DRW with 115 gal Dually Depot Aux Tank.
photo (2).jpgIMG_0413.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Great to see the GM trucks coming out of the woodwork!

I knew there were lots more here!

jeffdee

I just upgraded from a 2012 F250 Lariat SRW to this 2015 F350 Lariat DRW Ultimate with 26.5K Heavy Duty Towing, 4.30 gears. It should make pulling my 3110 a "stroll in the park".

Attachments

• IMG_1136_zpsb11f04f2.jpg
    IMG_1136_zpsb11f04f2.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1137_zps37eb752b.jpg
    IMG_1137_zps37eb752b.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 79

jnbhobe

I just upgraded from a 2012 F250 Lariat SRW to this 2015 F350 Lariat DRW Ultimate with 26.5K Heavy Duty Towing, 4.30 gears. It should make pulling my 3110 a "stroll in the park".

I have a similar truck on order now.

MagnoliaTom

I love that truck!! I hope to get one of those someday!

jeffdee

You will be amazed at how it handles just like an F250 SRW. Even the turning radius is comparable. I was hesitant about the 4.30 gears but with the 6 speed trans and stronger output of the 6.7L it looks like the mpg is going to be nearly the same on the highway and maybe better with city driving. I highly recommend the Ultimate package. It has all the 'bells and whistles' of a King Ranch or Platinum package minus some chrome and exterior/interior color schemes. My biggest surpise was that the sun roof and rear tailgate step is included in the Ultimate package but are options on the KR and Platinum. Finally, the Ultimate has front and rear chrome bumpers, not painted bumpers. The only chrome exterior features I would have liked to have added were chrome tow hooks, chrome exhaust tips and chrome rear view mirrors. With that this truck would be 100% perfect!

lynndiwagoner

An oldie but goodie. Chevy 2005H/D with 19.5" wheels and tires.20131210_104703 (Medium).jpg

Attachments

• 20131210_104703.jpg
    20131210_104703.jpg
    816.1 KB · Views: 79

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
You will be amazed at how it handles just like an F250 SRW. Even the turning radius is comparable. I was hesitant about the 4.30 gears but with the 6 speed trans and stronger output of the 6.7L it looks like the mpg is going to be nearly the same on the highway and maybe better with city driving. I highly recommend the Ultimate package. It has all the 'bells and whistles' of a King Ranch or Platinum package minus some chrome and exterior/interior color schemes. My biggest surpise was that the sun roof and rear tailgate step is included in the Ultimate package but are options on the KR and Platinum. Finally, the Ultimate has front and rear chrome bumpers, not painted bumpers. The only chrome exterior features I would have liked to have added were chrome tow hooks, chrome exhaust tips and chrome rear view mirrors. With that this truck would be 100% perfect!

I have the ultimate as well. Only thing I might want would be the KR leather but DW did not like it. I was not real big on all the extra chrome on the platinum either so we got ours. As far as mpg what are you getting now. I am avg 15 on hwy bobtail doing 70 or so. It has gotten better but we only have 13.5k miles so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffdee

It has only been a few days but my driving habits are the same as when I was driving my F250. I am monitoring the mpg readings on the dash. I set it to 30 minute intervals for better averaging. We drove from Baker to Hammond and back and it was showing 19.8 mpg @ 65 mph. So far it is getting around 17.1 driving locally. I filled it up last night and will see what city driving will be this week. It is amazing, with the 4.30 gears it will reach 6th gear @ 38 mph, 1100 rpms and not lug the motor.