Slide seal falling off

Majestic

Does anyone have a suggestion to fix the bedroom seal that falls every night the slide is open. Every morning it is on the ground but i don't see any bracket or fasteners to hold it in place. Only the front bedroom, rest stay in place.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
If you are talking about the d shaped rubber seal, it probably needs to be re-glued.
Contact cement.... put on seal and on slide, let dry and press together.
Good Luck!

sengli

On ours the, the seal is held in place by one of the top screws, going thru the rubber. That screw ripped out its hole.. in the seal, then and ours fell off too. So I flipped it over and rescrewd it in.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
The "D" rubber seal is usually a two part seal. A base that is glued and/or screwed to unit and then the "D" seal is snapped into it. Look close and see if that is the case, if so just try to slide it back into its track or base.

Majestic

I slid it back on the track but it just slides off again, the other side looks like they used silicone to hold it in place

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if silicon is the way to go.
I would use a contact cement made for rubber or auto trim.
You can probably get something at Walmart or a hardware store.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Use 3M trim adhesive. Comes in yellow (gorilla snot) or black. The yellow drys faster....black takes a little longer. Just make sure you have the seal where you want it the 1st time. Once it sets up....there is no turning back. Any auto parts will have it. This is what auto dealers use for weather strips. While shopping...I would get a rattle can of dry silicone and spray all the outside w/strips now and then.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Gary, dry silicone keeps the seals from sticking together. All rubber seals will get sticky when it get warm. Dry silicone will prevent this and does not stay wet. It's kinds like putting baby powder on them them. I used for for many years on automotive seals and w/strips and works like a charm. Like anything, these coachs need preventive maintance.