Slide Selector Switch

212Pilot

My 2017 Cyclone 3800 has only one switch to control moving the three slides in and out. The bedroom slide always goes out or comes in first, then the kitchen goes out followed by the living room slide. Sometimes when we stop for lunch it would be nice to only open the kitchen or when we are parked and have to get to the tank discharge hose connection bring in the kitchen slide. I have looked at the hydraulic valves and they have wires connected to them. Is it possible to add a selector switch or individual switches for each slide valve? Has anyone else done this?

carl.swoyer

Look near your hydraulics. You may have a manual lock out. My 07 had three slide out and there was an aluminum block with three aluminum knobs I would secure slide movement by screwing them in thus bypassing the slide movement. Hopefully this made sense

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

From the looks of Dan's picture you can isolate one side at a time hydraulically but all three hydraulic rams are plumbed together so you would have to change out the the valve system to what we have in the Landmark. To be able to run them on switches inside.
They should make that an option at the factory.
I bet people would pay extra for that upgrade.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

212Pilot

I could not find a manual lockout and yes I would have paid extra for the option to select which slide goes out. We ordered without seeing our particular floor plan other than the brochure. Salesman told us that one half of fridge door would open with the slide in...He lied.

Attachments

• Hydraulic1.jpg
    Hydraulic1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Hydraulic2.jpg
    Hydraulic2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 46

donr827

Not sure what the additional cost would be but it would be nice for each slide to have its own switch. My prior SOB was built that way.
Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
For those that can DIY, here is a link to an older mod that added selector valves for single slide operation. Check post #3. [LINK]
And another with parts list. [LINK]

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Per Carl's post, you may have some control knobs that look like these.

View attachment 50704

YMMV

Cyclones use to come with slide selector valves. They were unlabeled and not easy to see buried behind the hydraulic connection block. Mine look something like what Dan posted, but you can't see them without really looking.

And for some reason I do not understand, the valves are very difficult to turn unless I unload the hydraulic system a bit (reverse the pump direction)

- - - Updated - - -

Found a picture showing my valves.

First picture in this post.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=175687&viewfull=1#post175687

I wouldn't call these slide selector valves, what they are are on our trailer are valves that close off the hydraulic lines, basically an on-off valve. If both valves were closed I would have zero slide operation (we only have two slides).

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes when we stop for lunch it would be nice to only open the kitchen

Wefrequentlydothis.

We frequently do this.

Moandnick

Couldn't you just switch the elect connections from one block to another block so it reverses the order on the slide rotation so the kitchen is the first and last to operate? Per your pics it looks like it would be easy just don't lose track of where each one goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Couldn't you just switch the elect connections from one block to another block so it reverses the order on the slide rotation so the kitchen is the first and last to operate? Per your pics it looks like it would be easy just don't lose track of where each one goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On coaches that don't have individual switches for each slide, the one switch opens a single valve that allows the hydraulic fluid to flow. The hoses carrying hydraulic fluid to the slideout rams are all connected to that single valve. The order of slide operation is a function of resistance. The one that is easiest to open, opens first.

On coaches that have individual switches, like Landmark 365, each switch operates a separate valve. The hoses to each slideout ram are each connected to their respective valves.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

As Dan said it is all tied together.
The slide with the least resistance will go first then the next then the one with the most resistance.
So with that said you could TRY (Just a Theory) maybe holding by hand first the one you don't want to go out or help the slide that you do want out by pushing it.
You could also try slide lock bars BUT I'D BE careful with that !!! That hydraulic system will push one of those right through the wall when the other slide reaches the end of it's stroke.
Just a thought you could try.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

richheck

Seasoned Member
My prior coach (SOB) had two slides, headboard in bedroom and dining table recliner area in living room. Like Jerrod mentioned the slide with the least resistance will travel first. Mine had the two valve manifold like pictured before and I labeled both knobs, being we needed to move the living area slide to use the bathroom while in route I just opened the front storage door and adjusted the valve as necessary so only the large slide would move. I

like Jerrods idea as to trying to hold smaller slide to make the other extend as wanted, great idea if it works - saves a lot of time and efforts not having to work with the valves.

coram8

The two things I would have paid extra for on our 2015 Gateway:

1. Automatic Leveling System
2. Separate switches for each slide

This is our first fifth wheel. Didn't know about the leveling system, but did ask the sslesman if it had separate controls for the slides and he said he believed it did. Like you, we ordered ours sight unseen based off another floor plan that they had at a show.
If you figure the switches out, please let me know!