slider gap top to bottom

jlivet

:confused:Bought a 08 3300sk about 4 weeks ago and while at the dealers lot I noticed that the slides when closed have a wider gap at the bottom than at the top the dealer said it is normal, is this right ? Everyone that looks at my camper comments about why the closed gap is wider at the bottom. If it needs adjusted, how is it done I'm very mechanically inclined if someone would tell me what if anything needs done I would do it myself. Hate to take it back to dealer that told me it was normal and 125 miles away.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hi jlivet we have the same unit a 07 3300sk and our slides do the same thing we have been told the same by our dealer we have traveled allover in it a been in some wind and rain storms never had a problem or leaking , I will also follow to see if it is suppose to be like that.TRAVELER07

Tom of Ypsi

Why not ask the factory if this is the way the slides are suppose to be. Sometimes the dealers will tell you something you may want to hear because they also do not have a clue.

ByPass

Same here. I have an 09 24RL North Trail and my slide is the same as you describe. I haven't had it in the rain yet, so I guess time will tell.

Forrest Fetherolf

:confused:Bought a 08 3300sk about 4 weeks ago and while at the dealers lot I noticed that the slides when closed have a wider gap at the bottom than at the top the dealer said it is normal, is this right ? Everyone that looks at my camper comments about why the closed gap is wider at the bottom. If it needs adjusted, how is it done I'm very mechanically inclined if someone would tell me what if anything needs done I would do it myself. Hate to take it back to dealer that told me it was normal and 125 miles away.

jlivet,

Lippert Componets manuals details slide adjustment:

http://www.lci1.com/service_owners_manuals_slideouts.htm

Forrest

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Thank you for the Lippert link. It also has the owners manual for the landing gear. I did not know about the maintenance procedures for the landing gear or slideouts. The manuals give that information. These manuals should be part of the owners paperwork when you buy a new one. Or if not the manuals at least the link to the website so we have access to it. BTW according to the manual if you have the landing gear down for any length of time it needs to be retracted and reextended about once a week. The fluid needs to be changed once every 36 months also. I was finally able to get information as to how full the resoviour (sic) should be from the slideout manual. Thanks again for the link.

Smokeyfl

Just picked up my new 3612 Razor yesterday. I noticed the same problem with the gap at the bottom of the closed slide. There are adjustments on mine at the bottom. The dealer made the adjustments and it is fine now.