small overhead light doesn't work

kevo555

one of the small cone shaped lights does not work. It's a reading light over the couch. mounted on the cabinet over the couch
I replaced the bulb and still no work. any ideas on how to fix it ??

centerline

is the rv new to you?.... specifically, have you ever seen that light work?
is the light fixture mounted in to the surface, or does it have a bracket that allows it to swivel? the ones that swivel can be turned enough to pull/break the wires loose..... the ones that are solid mounted usually dont have issues, but it wouldnt hurt to remove it and see if a wire came loose...
if the rv is new to you, are you sure you are flipping the correct switch to turn it on?...... have you swapped out the bulb from one of the other working fixtures to see if makes any difference.....

once we pinpoint the problem, the fix will probably be simple.....

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Those lamps have a little twist switch on the back end of them, not a wall switch. Could be the problem. And, yes, the way they wire them in isn’t what I would consider robust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo555

is the rv new to you?.... specifically, have you ever seen that light work?
is the light fixture mounted in to the surface, or does it have a bracket that allows it to swivel? the ones that swivel can be turned enough to pull/break the wires loose..... the ones that are solid mounted usually dont have issues, but it wouldnt hurt to remove it and see if a wire came loose...
if the rv is new to you, are you sure you are flipping the correct switch to turn it on?...... have you swapped out the bulb from one of the other working fixtures to see if makes any difference.....

once we pinpoint the problem, the fix will probably be simple.....
yes to all your questions , I checked the wiring and it looks good on the lamp end. I perhaps the switch ( nob on top ) may be faulty.

kevo555

Those lamps have a little twist switch on the back end of them, not a wall switch. Could be the problem. And, yes, the way they wire them in isn’t what I would consider robust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is there a way to test the twist switch ?

centerline

is there a way to test the twist switch ?
yes.... remove the light fixture to get to the incoming wires, and see if there is power on the infeed wires... if you have power there but none getting thru the switch to the bulb, then the switch is faulty... if you have no power on that circuit, then the problem is elsewhere....