Solved! Exterior 120v outlet has no power

gusjon

I have a 3160EL. One of the 120 volt GFI exterior outlets has no power. I have taken all the GFI outlets apart to see which one is feeding
the bad outlet but can't locate the source. Anyone have any ideas The bad outlet is on the door side and is the farthest one toward the front.
Thanks.
Jon G
gusjon@aol.com

jimtoo

Re: Exterior 120v outlet has no power

Hi gusjon,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed as you have seen if you have been lurking in the background.

Most likely you have a switch in your control panel that is not labeled and you don't know what it's for like so many of us did. The outlet your describing is usually used to plug in the awning lights or lights that you may put up outside. This gives you control from inside and you don't need to go outside to turn them off and on.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

gusjon

Gentlemen,
Thank you. Sure enough, there is a switch in the control panel labeled "Awning Receptacle". Duh.
I appreciate your help.
Jon G

jimtoo

That is what the forum is for,,, helping each other with little problems and some really big ones at times. There is no such thing as a dumb question....... well maybe once in a while someone puts one up :confused:, but we try to do our best. We just want everyone to enjoy their units and have a great time.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M