Stuck Power Cable

SeattleLion

On Wednesday Camping World installed a trav'ler sat dish and a BU camera on our Bighorn. Apparently the tech used the power rewind of our 50 amp cord without watching how the wire was spooling. As a result he managed to jam the cable because the last loop is on top of another and I can't unreel the cable at all. It's just stuck. Is there a way to fix this? Needless to say, this is a big problem for us. (Then why did I say it?)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The only thing I can think of is just a good hard pull. I've never got mine stuck as bad as yours seems but did have it wrap over itself one time. It was stuck, but pulled right out. I don't think you can damage the cable by pulling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeattleLion

The only thing I can think of is just a good hard pull. I've never got mine stuck as bad as yours seems but did have it wrap over itself one time. It was stuck, but pulled right out. I don't think you can damage the cable by pulling it.

I'll try it when I get home from work.

donr827

X2
Don

TedS

I'd take it back to CW for show and tell. If the tech screwed it up, they need to know and stand good for it

SeattleLion

I followed your advice and pulled hard. The cable came free and nothing broke. Thanks once again to our great forum!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I learned that you have to be careful when winding the cord on the reel. I take and hold the cord with a rag (helps clean it off) while reeling it in and watch to make sure it reels in properly. Then when I unwind it it comes off easily. After reeling it in I take the rag and put it in the hole where the cord stores.