Sundance 2023 21hb (New) batteries will not charge on shore power

cgia

my new Sundance hatchback has a 12 V refrigerator in it. My batteries will not charge on shore power. I have to hook up solar to the battery to get the battery to charge. But sure power is running my refrigerator and everything else in my rig.
I don't understand what's wrong. also will not charge while attached to my generator. someone mentioned something about a restart or reset button for the converter? Where would that be at? Could that be the problem? Thank you for any help.

Bogie

If everything is powered while on shore power, your converter is working.

I believe Heartland now uses a central wiring box at the front called "The Vault". The wire from the converter enters this box and powers all the fuses within the box. Power is distributed to the RV from there.

Do you have a voltmeter? You need to measure across the battery terminals while on shore power. Make sure the battery disconnect switch is on. You should measure about 13.6 volts at the battery. If you read 13.6 volts, take the battery out and have it tested.

If you measure 12 volts or less, the power from the converter is not making it to the battery and the problem is likely something (fuse or connection) within "The Vault".

Hope that helps.

LBR

my new Sundance hatchback has a 12 V refrigerator in it. My batteries will not charge on shore power. I have to hook up solar to the battery to get the battery to charge. But sure power is running my refrigerator and everything else in my rig.
I don't understand what's wrong. also will not charge while attached to my generator. someone mentioned something about a restart or reset button for the converter? Where would that be at? Could that be the problem? Thank you for any help.
Read the other thread that is being currently updated also.