Taking apart the kitchen faucet

1231ChaseB

Could someone please tell me how to take apart the Dura kitchen sink faucet ? It seem's to be kind of tight from side to side and i'd like to take it apart and clean it up without wrecking it ! HELP !!!!!
chaseb

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
First turn off the water to the rig. :eek:

If it's a single lever faucet.
Under the lever, you'll see a little plastic button, remove it. You'll need a hex Allen wrench to remove the hex lock screw in that little hole. Take off the lever and you'll need to figure out what needs to be removed next to take out the valves inner workings. Keep an eye out for O-rings and where they go when putting it all back together. Different brands are a little different on the inside but still easy enough to figure out. Use plumbers lube when assembling for a longer lasting smoother operating faucet.

caissiel

But the spray hose will need to be removed first and I never could do it. More help needed.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
But the spray hose will need to be removed first and I never could do it. More help needed.

The spray hose can be a problem. I had to completely remove the fixture to get the spray hose to come out of the fixture. The problem was the alignment of the piece on the bottom of the fixture. It needs to be loosened or removed to allow the connector to pass through the slot. It's really almost easier to go out and spend $100 (or more) for a residential replacement.