Thumbs up Heartland!

TxRoadWarrior362

Tx,
Third new roof? I've been trying to follow your experience. In order not to hijack this thread do you have another post going still? I checked in on one of the old but saw nothing and am really interested in what your finding. I took my unit in for warranty. It is still there and while I'm not seeking a new roof, I want the unknown staining identified and stopped. Dealer plans on getting with both Heartland and Dometic. Would love to know what's happening on your end. Thanks

Hello Alwaysbusy-

Yes, third roof. The replacement for the factory roof went well until the last step. I was involved with each step of the replacement and Explore USA kept me well informed, and wouldn't start the next faze of replacement without my ok. The final caulk was applied to the side trip and front cap by a helper. It looked like sh--. The caulk should have been grey, but black was used. My two year old grandson could have done a better job. They agreed, and proceeded to remove the black caulk, and replace with grey. Again, a helper was given the task, and proceeded to cut my new roof multiple times trying to remove the botched caulk. Fast forward..... Had a closed door meeting with my service writer and the service manager to discuss my concern over helpers quality of work. New roof is in from Heartland, the beast goes back in Monday morning. Two lead techs will work on it, and it should be done on Wednesday. Camping the week of the 26th.

All three Dometic ac's were boxed up and returned to Dometic last week for a diagnosis. I've been promised an answer on what was leached out to cause the staining. I'll follow up with they say. Will we ever get the true answer? I doubt it. Dometic has to much at risk. At least three other new 5ers on the lot have the same staining I had. Times all the other units that are on the sales lots around the country.

Tim

p.s. IronJ,I get it. Before you say, I told you so.

alwaysbusy

Well, they didn't get to ours this week but aiming to do so next week. We'll see what explanation they receive but I'm not holding my breath. Thanks for the update and I'm sorry your not getting the top quality workmanship you should be.

TxRoadWarrior362

I picked the beast up yesterday from it roof replacement. Dometic hasn't given us an explanation yet. Seems I opened up,a can of worms. My dealer has replaced 2 of 5 roof on brand new Heartlands I there yard. Dometic is covering the replacement ac's and roofs.