towmax tires

Lynn1130

File with TBC but they will refer you to Dynamic who will handle the claim. They will more than likely tell you that it was user error. DO NOT let them off the hook with that excuse. Keep pushing. I did prevail but it took not backing down. Considering the number of failures they have no basis to deny claims for tires and damage and they know it.

DocFather

I just got off the phone with the rep from Dynamic Tire. If my tire is deemed degective by the Dynamic inspectors the they will give me $125.00 for a new tire or a replacement Blowmax. $125 is about 1/3 of the cost of a tire that should be on a 4100. But its all up to their inspectors and after it gets to Canada i will have no way to dispute their findings. They have us over a barrel.
I agree that the majority of fault belongs to Dynamic but i still believe Heartland has a responsibility too for putting such inferior tires on these trailers.

I totally agree. Thanks for the info.

danemayer

You might consider sending the tire to NHTSA for examination so they can determine the cause of failure.

kirkules

Hi I bought my 2015 4200 and pulled it home about 40 miles and bought 6 new G rated tires ..
It is to bad they put such a tire on a high 5 digit price tag RV .
Any one who has them on should consider a new set of G rated tires .
Im sure you have damage to your trailer ..
Sorry you had to experience a blow out ..

mrbob63

Re: Heartland...time to step up and be the first to dump the TowMax tires!

Well after reading all about the crap tires. I decided to ask my service guy about the tires. He kinda said run don't walk to the tire store and replace them! I hated to spend the money but O well. Better than tearing up a new camper. I went with Carlisle radial trail st tires. Blowmax were 235 80/16 New ones are 235 85/16 and fit just fine. I also had them put in metal stems. They are F rated and I used them on my old camper and never had any issues. My service guy also uses carlisles on his fiver.
I feel alot better now. Sooooo Anyone want to by some cheap blowmax tires lol. There like new lol.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is not just a Heartland problem, it's an industry wide problem.

RVIA recently hosted a 3 hour webinar to discuss tire selection with the RV industry featuring joint presentations by Tim Ball, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Sales with Tredit Tire and Walter Cannon, Executive Director of the Recreation Vehicle Safety Education Foundation (RVSEF). Opening remarks on tire speed ratings and reserve capacity were presented by Bruce York, NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation.

Unfortunately it was not open to consumers to participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
This is not just a Heartland problem, it's an industry wide problem.

RVIA recently hosted a 3 hour webinar to discuss tire selection with the RV industry featuring joint presentations by Tim Ball, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Sales with Tredit Tire and Walter Cannon, Executive Director of the Recreation Vehicle Safety Education Foundation (RVSEF). Opening remarks on tire speed ratings and reserve capacity were presented by Bruce York, NHTSA Office of Defects Investigation.

Unfortunately it was not open to consumers to participate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall in that meeting!

One thing I find very interesting is that the RV dealers don't seem to mention tire upgrades in their sales pitch!

You would think that they would want as many add-ons to the sale as they could possibly get!

And I'll bet that just about everyone would upgrade their tires at the time of the RV purchase since it would most likely be rolled into the loan and would not be a huge and unexpected out of pocket expense!

The other day when I was looking at new trailers and I pointed out the BlowMax tires and told him my thoughts about them, he said he had never heard of the issues I mentioned.

And as I mentioned in an earlier post, I told him that if we do buy one of the trailers I looked at that those BlowMax's wouldn't be on it when we roll off of their lot!

Miltp920

I have about 1500 miles on my Carlisle 12 Ply Radial RH tires. I have not worried since I put them on, knowing that they had to better than the 10 ply Blowmax. I wish I had more miles to be able to show proof that one does NOT have to pay the GY G rated price to get out of the Blowmax. I will tell you that when I stood the 12 ply side by side with the 10 ply before I sold them, and there was NO comparison. The 12 ply stood tall and solid, and the 10 ply sagged and appeared inferior (no rims). I think I made a good decision, at about $651 for 4 mounted and balanced. I even went back later for the spare. The Sailun is 14 ply and was about the same price as the Carlisle. I wanted Sailun, but could not get them locally. IF you can afford it, go GY, IF you can't, try Carlisle or Sailun. But WE have to be able to use our investment (RV). It is not like Heartland is going to buy us new tires. I agree with EVERYONE that is disappointed that Heartland installed these tires on our new units. I got back some of my money selling my old tires on Craigslist. I have read that many have the same story on Craigslist.

Lynn1130

As for the comment about combining all of the threads into one. I agree and suggested this some time back along with combining some of those that repeat at least once a week. I got shouted down. I still think it makes sense.