Toy hauler (all models) specific question about power dinette....

Sniper

I'm not sure, but maybe you could just "pin" one side like the way the "happy jack" bed is for transit? :confused:

IronJ

You talking about in the garage?...you can't just lower one side...the bed/dinette rides on the chains to the motor so it can lift the upper bunk...

If you pin it up, then it would bind and pop a breaker

I hear the new happi jacks will fold flat to the wall...would be nice...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Sniper

You talking about in the garage?...you can't just lower one side...the bed/dinette rides on the chains to the motor so it can lift the upper bunk...

If you pin it up, then it would bind and pop a breaker

I hear the new happi jacks will fold flat to the wall...would be nice...

Our bed stays "pinned" up (we never use it), but we always lower the dinette. We store our outside ladder against the wall, and a year or so ago I forgot to lay the ladder flat and lowered the dinette. Ended up with the one side about 18" inches higher than the other. LOL Had no ill effects other than me feeling like a bone head. Of course 18" is a long way from 6'. :)

IronJ

Hmm..mine don't do that..I had a cooler under one side of mine and lowered...it crushed it ...until a breaker in the motor popped or something because it stopped on its own..i don't think on mine I would try pinning one side of the happijack couch...

The upper bed does however ride freely...can be pinned anywhere....I have mine pinned lower so I can use the top for storage

Sniper

Hmm..mine don't do that..I had a cooler under one side of mine and lowered...it crushed it ...until a breaker in the motor popped or something because it stopped on its own..i don't think on mine I would try pinning one side of the happijack couch...

The upper bed does however ride freely...can be pinned anywhere....I have mine pinned lower so I can use the top for storage

I'm not sure Iron, maybe there was just enough slack in the chain that it didn't hurt anything, and we got lucky. I'm getting ready to do some modification to our bunk to use for storage as well as we continue to prep for full timing it. :)

IronJ

I like the bunk mods...I can pin it at very top, 30 inches down for storage, 40 inches from floor for use as a bed , or I can let it ride all the way down unpinned and it will be same height as dinette if I need it real low

ram_1955

I just took the seats off and lower the bed on to the fixed points. Now the bed comes down to a good height and we get more head room when up

IronJ

How do you move the upper without the seats?...

Pics?

I thought about taking off the bottom seat so my golf cart would fit....but we use it too much as a table/dinette...

So I had to make the golf cart top removable

Sarge

Should've been clearer:

We want to only lower one side of the dinette so the beasts (German Shepherds) have more room to romp around without running through the middle table leg space....

Sarge