Transfer switch

Hogman48

Does the transfer switch run only the circuit to the fridge? I'm having trouble with my fridge not running on 110v but running on the inverter.

taskswap

It depends how it was wired. Mine only runs my fridge but yours may be different... You could also have a bad transfer switch. They're just relays inside, usually rated for millions of cycles but they're mechanical so they can go bad sometimes...

david-steph2018

Does the transfer switch run only the circuit to the fridge? I'm having trouble with my fridge not running on 110v but running on the inverter.
Here is a copy of the wiring diagram for residential fridge with a transfer switch.

Here is a source for a new transfer switch if needed:

CoveredWagon

To answer your question. The transfer switch
only switches the power to the fridge, from shore power to inverter power

Piperflyer

I had trouble with mine not working on ether. The Transfer Switch and Inverter checked out fine. Rather than get under the RV and open it up to trace for a loose or broken circuit from the Transfer Switch I opted to run a new circuit from my Transfer Switch to the Frig. Works fine on both 12v & 120v now. With the workmanship I've seen from Heartland who knows where the break in the power was,