Unlimited data plan re-born

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Howard and Linda Payne did a short write up on this. If you depend on Internet don't let this be your only option as they can dump it as fast as the intro'd it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Howard and Linda Payne did a short write up on this. If you depend on Internet don't let this be your only option as they can dump it as fast as the intro'd it.

Yes I would not have it as my only source of internet, but might be good to have as a supplement to a current plan, that you could scale back to save some money.

jassson007

Yes I would not have it as my only source of internet, but might be good to have as a supplement to a current plan, that you could scale back to save some money.

Be careful on that too especially if you took up Verizon in their double plan last year. You may lose that if you change your plan. Just something else to think about.

Bohemian

I signed up based on a recommendation from another person. Will see how it goes and let you all know. Not discontinuing anything at this time.

Order Number: 3120

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Andy, I have AT&T, so not a problem. ;) We recently got cable internet, since we are stationary for now, so I am not really in the market. However, if we had not gotten the cable internet, I would have seriously considered this. I used 30+GB last month, which luckily I had some rollover from the previous month to cover it. But WOW, still very expensive using cellular data as my only source. Our park recently added wifi, but the service is too slow for my business needs. We are very close to the 4G LTE tower, so I did have an excellent cellular connection/speed. I would have considered this product and used it as my majority of use, and scaled my ATT plan back to 15GB (15 for the price of 10).

Bill, I get those emails from FreedomPOP all the time. What I have seen is that they do not offer very much data for free. If you are very conservative with your data usage, and super-fast speed is not critical, then maybe it is a deal.

But in my graphic design business where I am sending multiple PDF proofs and emails back and forth, downloading large amounts of customer supplied images and text, uploading files to commercial printers and such, I have to have reliable, fast internet.

jassson007

I understand. My iPhone is on an old unlimited data plan and I use around 15 gig a month. Anymore than that they start threatening to slap my hand lol. I also have a Verizon myfi with 10 gig a month plus our park finally updated the wifi so that it works more now than it did. I agree though since you don't move much cable is better idea for you. I might sign up for this just so wife can use it since her data is not unlimited like mine.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I have been seeing a lot of infomercials on TV about this "Free" phone and data plan. https://www.freedompop.com . Anybody know anything about it???

I have two freedompop hotspot and am working on getting a phone soon.

The hotspots work well. I currently don't use lots of data but do pay to have 2 GB and rollover 500MB of data which helps keep the costs fairly low.
Freedompop primarily uses the sprint network so coverage is not nearly as good as Verizon.

The free data is 500mb on the hotspots and uses wifi networks for the bulk of the free phone data.

The phone deal I got was pretty cheap and worth at least trying it out for a while. It will not replace my Verizon phone but be more of a supplement and give me access to trying a smartphone out without having the excessive cost or investment of a smartphone Verizon. Eventually, I may upgrade to a Verizon smartphone but not yet.

I have been pretty happy with freedompop with the biggest drawback being the sprint network can be spotty where sprint does not have many towers. It may not be good for a primary data use but is cheap for purchased data when you have network coverage.

Bohemian

I just got an email from Omnilynx. The plan is now terminated (at least for new non-school district users). I received a termination of plan by supplier (Verizon) from Omnilynx and a full refund.

TravelTiger

I just got an email from Omnilynx. The plan is now terminated (at least for new non-school district users). I received a termination of plan by supplier (Verizon) from Omnilynx and a full refund.

Wow, so sorry to hear. Do you get to keep the hotspot, or do you have to send it back?

jassson007

Wow I had almost talked myself into it for extra data. Oh well. Lol

Imurphy

Anyone who has not yet received their MiFi yet. you should have gotten an email. They are no longer issuing new accounts. Verizon has put a stop to what they were doing. Currently existing customers get to keep what they have. For now at least.