Waiting for our new Heartland Landmark Mesa

cdreamn

Hello, We ordered a Heartland Landmark Mesa in the middle of July and was wanting to know how long does it take to build and get through the full body paint before they call for delivery? We were told last week in August, but...

Roger P

danemayer

Hi Roger,

In 2010, we ordered the last week of July and it was delivered to the dealer (5 miles from the factory) around August 27th. That included full body paint which adds a week to the process. It was a somewhat slow time for the industry, so it might take longer now. Also, if yours is being delivered to Virginia, availability of drivers could add to your wait.

Did your dealer copy you on the order confirmation from Heartland? Ours was dated a few days after we placed the order with the dealer. It had the VIN # on it as well as a list of everything we ordered. If the dealer can't /won't tell you exactly where things stand, with the Vin #, I think you might be able to get a precise status on where things stand by calling Heartland.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "Condo on Wheels" and being part of the Heartland family. VA has a very active camping group and I know once your new coach comes in, they would enjoy having ya'll come along. Again Congratulations.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Glad to have you in the Heartland family. I am guessing your Mesa is just a few days away from delivery and I am sure your excitement is growing. Congratulations! As Byrd mentioned above, we have a bunch of Virginians who love to camp. As the Virginia Chapter Leaders for the Heartland Owners Club we will be planning at least 2 rallies next year. Details are still being worked out but we're planning a spring and then a fall rally. As details are finalized an announcement will be forthcoming. We hope that you will be able to join us.

jbeletti

Roger,

Congrats on your order and welcome to the Heartland family. Build time for Retail Sold orders are pretty variable. I'd say 4 to 12 weeks depending on a host of factors.

You should be able to get the current status of your order by contacting your dealer. They should be able to make a call and get an update easily.

At times of higher diesel fuel costs, delivery time frames usually get a bit longer.

We hope to see you at a rally this season or next and by all means, please take a hard look at the Heartland Owners Club.

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

wildwolfproducts

I know you will enjoy it when it does get there. I think they have to wait for the paint to cure so many days before they finish up the unit. Then it has to set so long before they will haul it. Also they do say not to wax the unit for I think 6 months because of the clear coat still drying. Also to be careful washing it for a while also.
Pete

cdreamn

Hello Everybody,
Thank you all for your quick responses! We are really excitedfor the delivery of our new coach, and everything that was suggested will beput in to action. As I was researching the units we were assured that deliverywould be approximately 6 weeks and gave a couple of extra weeks for delays. Weare understanding and patient, but the excitement has been taking over abilityof waiting to hit the road for the shake down run. (Before it gets to cold) Ohbut we did get the yeti package. Ooops! Thanksagain for all your responses, it does give us hope.
Roger