Washer / Dryer - what do you have?

MTPockets

When reading these threads I'm glad we did not order the W/D. Laundromat does cost more money, but costs us a lot less time and bother. Loads every day?! We full time and and only think about 3 hrs every two weeks. In between we never even think about laundry and can spend time enjoying the RV life.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have a Whirlpool separate washer and dryer-my DW loves them. My son and I put them in and they were a PIA to say the least. Washer is heavy-I don't have what I use to-glad my son was home on leave and could help. When you cut the vent hole measure twice before you cut. Cut from the outside and run your hole saw in reverse to score the fiberglass then cut your hole. I also put in a drain pan. Good luck.

X2 on everything said here. We have the same units and used the same hole cutting method. Don't trust the sticker location for the vent. Drill a few small pilot holes in the inside wall (1/2 in deep) to ensure there are no frame studs in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizmary

When reading these threads I'm glad we did not order the W/D. Laundromat does cost more money, but costs us a lot less time and bother. Loads every day?! We full time and and only think about 3 hrs every two weeks. In between we never even think about laundry and can spend time enjoying the RV life.

If it was just the hubby and I and he didn't have uniforms to wash we could get by with doing laundry once a week. But with towels and four people (two being smallish kids) we do more laundry. We start a load in the morning and switch at lunch and switch at dinner, mostly. The kids share a laundry day and the hubby and I share a day. With kids we have had a few spills and it has been nice to be able to wash right away. It is to each his own, though. Without kids I think it's a toss-up as to whether their worth it.

Bohemian

3 loads every day? Why that could take up to about a total of 15 minutes of personal time. Really far less. Personally, I don't see needing more than 4 loads per week for the two of us.

Maybe, up to 20 minutes per week. Far less of our time than a Laundromat no matter how you cut it. The machine an run as long as is necessary It's my time that counts, not the machines.

MTPockets

3 loads every day? Why that could take up to about a total of 15 minutes of personal time. Really far less. Personally, I don't see needing more than 4 loads per week for the two of us.

Maybe, up to 20 minutes per week. Far less of our time than a Laundromat no matter how you cut it. The machine an run as long as is necessary It's my time that counts, not the machines.
20 minutes/wk?... You're good. My wife says she could not come close with clothing for two times 7 days, plus towells, linens. Loading machine, removing, folding. The thing is for anyone is to do it what suits and enjoy, regardless. We'll stick with the laundromat 3 hrs or less once every two weeks and zero in between.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Here is my thoughts on having a washer/dryer in the RV. We do not like using public laundry facilities as you do not know what was in the machines before you. Kind of like sitting on the public toilet seat. We would rather know our clothes are being cleaned and sanitized in a known washer and dryer. DW does a load or two a week in the evening while we are sitting around watching TV. The washer/dryer is in the closet by the front door and with the door closed while they operate it is quiet and does not interfere with any other activities.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I love it when DW does the laundry late at night. Get a nice gentle massage in bed. Kind of like those old "magic fingers" you used to find in some motels a few decades ago. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1231ChaseB

Considering that i have a toy hauler and only one Harley i went to the appliance store and bought the cheapest washer & dryer i could find and put them in the garage and fixe up some quick connects for the water line and drain and then i just run the dryer vent out the screen door opening ! The only draw back is that you have to be at a full hook up site and use cold water to wash ! The wife love's not having to go to the laundromat ! It takes me about 5 minute's to get it up and running and it's not connected in any way to the toy hauler !
chaseb

Seren

We have a stacked whirlpool dryer and Maytag washer in our Landmark GC, which was installed by our dealer, wife loves them. Only needs to use them twice a week. Since it is at the end of the RV it tends to occasionally shake the living area on the opposite end on spin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimtoo

Hi Mechengine,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get the models from one of our members soon. Lots of folks have and lots of folks don't have the washer dryer setup.

Enjoy the forum and hope you become a Heartlander.

Jim M

Seren

Washer: Maytag MHWC7500YW
Dryer: Whirlpool LDR3822PQ2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

CRMungle

I have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE. I went to Camping World in San Bernardino, Ca. They told me there was not enough room for a stackable washer and drye in my RV. I think they are wrong. Does anyone out there have the same thing? I want to know what will fit before I buy one.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Any apartment sized 24" wide set, 110 V will fit....we have a stackable set made by Whirlpool...Camping Word doesn't have a clue. We did however have to remove one side of the door frame to install...but it was very simple.

B

Boatman

We have a stackable set made by Splendide. Very happy with the set and glad we don't have to use public W&D anymore. Whatever you purchase be sure and install a catch basin under the washer to catch any spills.

danemayer

I have a 2014 Bighorn 3010RE. I went to Camping World in San Bernardino, Ca. They told me there was not enough room for a stackable washer and drye in my RV. I think they are wrong. Does anyone out there have the same thing? I want to know what will fit before I buy one.

Hi CRMungle,

Our 2011 Landmark has the factory installed stacking Splendide Ariston units, and I'd guess Heartland is still shipping similar models. So I would expect that stacking Splendides would fit your washer/dryer prep area up front.

Sometimes it can be tricky to get the units into place, and the dryer vent needs to be cut with care. And you do want the overflow drain pan.

It may be that CW is selling a different product and what they carry doesn't fit.

mobilcastle

Measure several times before you cut the hole. Check inside to make sure you are not cutting a support. When you cut the hole run the hole saw in reverse to score the fiberglass before you make the cut-good luck.

busted2341

I have a question, not sure if it belongs here or not but in our new landmark we want a stackable washer/dryer. I am not sure if they are really worth the expense. Wife really wants it so I loose. So should I have the factory install during the build or should I just wait and have the dealer install ones I buy? There is almost a $1000.00 difference for me to buy and have it shipped to dealer for install. Does it matter or are they easy to install by yourself without dealer involvment? Any info, pics or ideas would really be helpful....