Waste water dump handle

So far I have gotten some great advice here and it has really helped this newbie. Here is what I believe is a big problem. My waste water cable handle has pulled loose from the cable. In other words the rubber sleeve is out of the handle. What this does is causes the cable to just pull with a lot of slack. Is there any way to repair this end of the cable/ I have tried taking off the handle and removing the housing thinking I could somehow shorten it and reattach it but it doesn't come loose. I have a 3010RE and right now the only way I can dump the waste is to crawl under the 5er and reach up thru a access I made. This obviously isn't the best solution. I guess I can put a twist on valve at the end of the line but that too is a pain. The best plan I assume is to replace the valves but that would require major work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Carleen

You are able to just replace the cable and handle. Now that you made an access in the basement, you can go to the back of the convenience center and dismantle the valve handle mount. On the valve side, it's a small Allen screw that tightens to the metal part of the cable. The plastic housing of the valve has a couple screws to tighten onto the plastic outer cable sheath. You can use your imagination to fish the old cable along the new cable using twist ties and a rope. Otherwise the cables like to hide under the tank. Here is the cable on Amazon- there are different lengths available.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H...alve+cable&dpPl=1&dpID=41RIHytRYCL&ref=plSrch

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

Carleen

With the rope and twist tie deal, detach the valve cable from the valve housing. Attach the rope securely to the end of the cable. Pull the cable out on the convenience center side of the trailer and the rope will follow. Attach the new valve cable to the rope at the convenience center side and go down to the valve side to pull the rope and fish the cable back through.

I lost one in the past- can you tell?

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

mlpeloquin

Say this is good information. I did not know that the cable was sold separately. Haven't needed a new cable because the handle got pulled loose, but good information. Thanks.

Carleen

Our galley tank valve is hard to pull and doesn't close well. I have taken it apart and determined it needs to be replaced. I looked for just the valve without the cable and found the opposite. I still haven't replaced it, so I also have to crawl under the trailer to shut it all the way. It's a project for another day when the weather cools down.

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL