Water Mysteries

danemayer

There's usually one on each side, outside the frame. Picture below.

Attachments

• Fresh Tank Overflow.jpg
    Fresh Tank Overflow.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 67

Lynn1130

good idea to put small filters on them.

I'll bite. Why would we need a filter on an "outlet"?

By outlets are you asking about overflow and drains? I have 2 50gal tanks that have three overflows. In addition there is a drain line for the tanks and two low point drains that will drain the water lines and heater.

I did place a shutoff valve on each of the overflows so that once the tanks are full I am not sloshing half of the load out while driving down the road. You have to be extra careful and make sure those valves are open when you begin filling or you over pressurize the tanks. That leads to really bad things happening.

Last edited:

Marcs

I still have a problem with the fresh water tank filling, while on city water. That's when I found the other overflow. The dealer replaced the Anderson 4way, hoping to correct the problem. Evidently, not. Any ideas?

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I still have a problem with the fresh water tank filling, while on city water. That's when I found the other overflow. The dealer replaced the Anderson 4way, hoping to correct the problem. Evidently, not. Any ideas?

If replacing the Anderson valve did not correct the problem, it is most likely your water pump that is the culprit. That is what mine was. You can put a camco one way check valve after the pump and it will solve the problem. Or if its still under warranty you can have them replace the water pump, however the one way valve is still good to install.

Rod