Wet Equalizer Bolts On 7K Dexter Axles

justafordguy

OK, Thanks for the link. Called Morryde just to be sure. 7k axle with ez-flex and correct track requires kit# U012-029 which includes the correct bolt for the front spring eye with Correct Track.

Hey Bill,
I have the same suspension as you so I am very interested in how that U012-029 kit works out for you. This is an upgrade I need to do ASAP.

HornedToad

I'm going to pass on a suggestion to anyone following this thread, that I picked up from one of the moderators (Peace Dave)

When you change out the bolts you might as well take a piece of 2 inch square tubing and hammer it in to weld between the hanger for reinforcement. I recently had a broken hanger and ask'd the alignment shop to reinforce them it but they said there wasn't enough material on the frame rail to run a bead. I ask about using the tubing as recommended on this forum and he said to cut the tubing a little long (4 inches) to give him an edge to weld to the hanger. You'll have to do this when you change out the bolts as they pinch the hanger and it will need to be spread to insert the tubing.

I have my suspension kit and the tubing ready to go but haven't had time to leave the trailer at the shop. I'll photo when done.

justafordguy

I'm going to pass on a suggestion to anyone following this thread, that I picked up from one of the moderators (Peace Dave)

When you change out the bolts you might as well take a piece of 2 inch square tubing and hammer it in to weld between the hanger for reinforcement. I recently had a broken hanger and ask'd the alignment shop to reinforce them it but they said there wasn't enough material on the frame rail to run a bead. I ask about using the tubing as recommended on this forum and he said to cut the tubing a little long (4 inches) to give him an edge to weld to the hanger. You'll have to do this when you change out the bolts as they pinch the hanger and it will need to be spread to insert the tubing.

I have my suspension kit and the tubing ready to go but haven't had time to leave the trailer at the shop. I'll photo when done.

Hey Mike, I'd love to see pictures of what you are talking about. Re-enforcing the hangers somehow sure sounds like a good idea.

JanAndBill

Hey Bill,
I have the same suspension as you so I am very interested in how that U012-029 kit works out for you. This is an upgrade I need to do ASAP.

I'll let you know as soon as I can find the kit everyone I've talked to is out of stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you talking about the front hanger?

HornedToad

I'll let you know as soon as I can find the kit everyone I've talked to is out of stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you talking about the front hanger?

My rear hanger broke, but I'm gonna try to reinforce them all. I don't know if I would be too concerned about a tandem axle residential trailer but I'm pulling a triple axle ToyHauler. With 1000+ lbs of water for boondocking and close to 2000 lbs of cargo in the garage I'm right at the 20,000 GVW fully loaded!!!
b696661c71b3f36635bf1eecfc64c9ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

My rear hanger broke, but I'm gonna try to reinforce them all. I don't know if I would be too concerned about a tandem axle residential trailer but I'm pulling a triple axle ToyHauler. With 1000+ lbs of water for boondocking and close to 2000 lbs of cargo in the garage I'm right at the 20,000 GVW fully loaded!!!
b696661c71b3f36635bf1eecfc64c9ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thing I always seem to notice is the hangers seem to break right at the frame all the time. I does make me wonder if they are too long and over time work harden and snap.