What' Big Adventure do you have planned???

kkamshop

Next month we are joining two other couples and attending the Nascar Truck race at the Eldora Speedway in Ohio. Leaving from there to spend a couple of days riding the roller coasters at Cedar Point with our oldest grandson and his parents.

Kbvols

Next month we are joining two other couples and attending the Nascar Truck race at the Eldora Speedway in Ohio. Leaving from there to spend a couple of days riding the roller coasters at Cedar Point with our oldest grandson and his parents.

Ken and Kathy sounds like fun. We are about 20 minutes from Eldora and have never been there. Cedar Point is fun ride the dragster ...I was too chicken...LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Leaving on Friday for our first real trip in our new Landmark, which also starts our life as fulltimers. Leaving Panama City, to Orlando, then Jacksonville to pickup our grandaughter. Up to Pigeon Forge, then over to Williamsburg, Va, back down to Jax to drop off our grandaughter. Ok, thats the first week... joking (mid-Aug). After that, then our "true" fulltiming adventure begins and haven't decided yet, I guess where ever we feel like going. However, will be heading out West next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Where are you planning on staying in Williamsburg? We really like American Heritage RV Park. They just paved all their interior roads so it will be even better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seren

Where are you planning on staying in Williamsburg? We really like American Heritage RV Park. They just paved all their interior roads so it will be even better now.

We will be there 1-5 Aug. Staying at the 1000 Trails campground since we got a free year from the dealer along with 1 year of Coach Net, and 2 nights at Pigeon Forge. I will have to add American Heritage to my list of parks to check out at some point.

dewwood

We are leaving early Aug. and heading northwest towards GNP and then to North Cascades NP. We will then head south to Corvallis, OR to visit son, daughter in law and new granddaughter. From there we will head out to the coast and follow it south to the Redwoods and then start meandering east back towards home. Looks to be around 6000 miles towing plus our drive around miles, should take about two months.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Our camping was hectic May and June but July is quiet with only one trip out. August is another story with a week at Bristol for the races, home for 4 days then off to South Caroline for about 17 days. We are working on the family tree so a couple of days will be cemetery stomping in Spartanburg, Rock Hill, Antioch, Camden and Florence before heading down to Charleston to meet up with some other Heartland friends. We will stay in Charleston a couple of nights before heading into Edisto Island State Park for 12 days of camping on the beach.

Stinger381

As we too are still in the work place our summer travels are limited but we will pull out July 4TH and spend a few days visiting my parents in Middle Georgia. We will then move on to Savannah and stay at Skidaway Island Sstate Park for a week. We will wrap up our Trip with three days at Itchetucknee Springs Florida. We will float down the river on an inner tube and enjoy the cold water of Itchetucknee Springs and then head home.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Cedar Point is the most awesome amusement park in the world . . . bar none!

Being from southern Michigan, that was our destination when the county fair rides just didn't cut the cheeze! :rolleyes::cool:

Last time I was there was around 1991 or so . . .

When we make the camping trip to Michigan in the next year or so with our Heartland Trail Runner, we will probably make a day trip down there!

JohnD

Headed from Texas to Colorado for a few weeks of cool fun with 4th of July in the middle. Base at Colorado Springs-- to ride Pikes Peak Cog Railway and Royal Gorge Scenic Railroad.

What campground in the Springs are you staying at?

We recently spent a few days at Cheyenne Mountain State Park, then a few more nights at Mountaindale (just up the road about 20 miles).

Both places are awesome!

Maybe some of the Colorado HOC members might be able to stop by for a visit . . .

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
What campground in the Springs are you staying at?

We recently spent a few days at Cheyenne Mountain State Park, then a few more nights at Mountaindale (just up the road about 20 miles).

Both places are awesome!

Maybe some of the Colorado HOC members might be able to stop by for a visit . . .

We opted for Garden of the Gods RV Resort. Cheyenne Mtn was full, and Mountaindale was in a sketchy cellular area. Due to the fact I'm working on this trip (as most trips), I have to have a reliable internet connection.

We are only there 3 days, with 2 train trips and other sightseeing planned.

JohnD

We opted for Garden of the Gods RV Resort. Cheyenne Mtn was full, and Mountaindale was in a sketchy cellular area. Due to the fact I'm working on this trip (as most trips), I have to have a reliable internet connection.

We are only there 3 days, with 2 train trips and other sightseeing planned.

We've never stayed at Garden Of The God's Resort, but it is on our list!

When we were at Mountaindale, we had good cell service (Verizon) and the Wifi worked good, although we were close to the main building/office.

JJnVA

? ...our big adventure is taking us to Myrtle Beach...planning fun in the sun..:cool: Perhaps find a few cool restaurants on the beach...let us know if you have recommendations. We'll be traveling down from Ohio so plan on spending a day in Mt Airy, NC . We are still open on return route may go over to Asheville, NC and hit the Biltmore just not sure yet. (end quote)

We stayed at the Mayberry Campground in Mt. Airy last September. Passport America rate. Lovely setting with views of mountains. Large sites. Very friendly staff. Real Close to Mt. Airy. Highly recommend this CG. Mt. Airy was a fun town to visit for a day. You have to check out all of the Andy Griffith stuff...

Asheville is such a neat place! There is lots to do and see there besides the Biltmore. Great restaurants. The Blue Ridge Parkway is right there and a folk art museum on the parkway right at Asheville is an interesting stop. Again Highly recommend a visit!

JJnVA

Our big adventure will start after Labor Day. Heading from Williamsburg, VA to Bennington, VT for our youngest daughter's wedding on Sept. 27. Plan to stop in Lancaster PA to see the sights for a few days, then on to NY state with a stop at the Catskills and West Point. Will travel from there to the Adirondacks to spend a week, most likely staying in the Lake George area. We will do day trips and a scenic train ride along the Hudson River. Any recommendations on where to stay and highlights not to miss are welcomed. We haven't been to NY or Vermont before.

After a week in Bennington and the wedding, we will travel across New Hampshire to Maine to visit friends and Jack's brother. Should be just in time to see the beautiful fall foliage and hopefully eat some lobster. Will slowly make our way back to Virginia, haven't decided where we will stop coming home. One stop we have to make is at Lake Fairfax County Park CG in Northern Virginia in time for our twin grandkiddos's second birthday in mid October! :rolleyes:

Seren

...Should be just in time to see the beautiful fall foliage and hopefully eat some lobster...
I always thought that there was a law in Maine that was established in 1793 that requires all visitors to enjoy a minimum of 3 succulent Maine lobster tails or else you were not allowed to leave the state until you do.

JohnD

I always thought that there was a law in Maine that was established in 1793 that requires all visitors to enjoy a minimum of 3 succulent Maine lobster tails or else you were not allowed to leave the state until you do.

Mmmmmmmmm . . . lobster tail . . . ! :cool:

Once upon a time lobster was only for those locked up in jail or used as fertilizer civilized society would not eat such foul creatures.

We just took delivery on a Wilderness bh 2875 and wife is living in it for a month in Freeport Maine.

Last edited:

danemayer

Once upon a time lobster was only for those locked up in jail or used as fertilizer civilized society would not eat such foul creatures.

We just took delivery on a Wilderness bh 2875 and she is living in it for a month in Freeport Maine.
Hi Canondale61,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and thanks for contributing to the discussion. I am wondering though, how did lobster trapping get started? Why would anyone bother setting out traps to catch creatures no one wanted?

kkamshop

Ken and Kathy sounds like fun. We are about 20 minutes from Eldora and have never been there. Cedar Point is fun ride the dragster ...I was too chicken...LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Keith, you and Kim should come out to the track Tuesday night - they have a Tuesday Night Tailgate Late Model Dirt race. It was a blast to watch last year! PM me if you are coming.